gtir calipers

A

Anonymous

right guys, ill be sraight with you i own an s13 200sx, and want to upgrade the brakes.
standard pulsar calipers with a hi spec big disc conversion would be ideal and easy on the pocket?!
so if any1 has upgraded there brakes and would like to sell there standard calipers please email me and i will get in contact with you.

thanks

steve :)

A

Anonymous

they are poo, and after a long run they are double poo(poo poo)

:roll:

O

Odin

Stevo said:
mine are standard and spot on :lol:
I agree your a girl :roll: .

Because standard pulsar brakes are mega pooooooooooooooooooh :cry: .

rob

Websnowbo

Yeah, Pulsar brakes are crap...........same as fitted to the GTI.

Get some 300zx calipers mate with the Hi-Spec discs, although i'd be temped to try get a set of 300zx discs redrilled as it wont work out that cheap with discs and bells.

Oh, and dont forget the Pulsar has a different stud pattern to the S13

Stevo

MarkTurbo said:
Stevo said:
You must drive like a big girl then :shock: Cos they're s**t :lol:
like a gir eh?? lets see if u can beat me round the track, then say if i drive like a girl :lol:

my brakes have a strong bite and doesnt go spongey from high speed braking. obviously u guys are gay and keep ur foot on the brakes and not the gas, u do have 4x4 u no :wink:

O

Odin

You must be barking mad to take standard brakes on a track your kill
yourself, because they are really really bad at the best of times as most
of us have found out to are cost, the amount of times I went flying on to
a round about into traffic because I couldn't stop in my old pulsar :cry: .

I now have AP's and it's alot better for my hart :oops: :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

i do agree that standard calipers are not so good for track use, but with good enough and large enough discs to disperse the heat with good fast road pads they will be good enough for what i want. (s14 & 300zx calipers are so sort after that the prises are mad!! + its been proven that you can get the same results this way)

the fastest pulsar in the country runs this set up so if its good enough for him its good enough fo me.

thanks for the replys some of them where sensible at least 8)

BenD

Arent S13 calipers the same as a GTIR :?:

Was having a snoop around a 200 at the pod, and they looked very similar :?

A

Anonymous

you are right they do look very alike but as far as im aware the standard s13 calipers are smaller and gtir calipers have a piston on both sides of the disc, where as i dont, that 200owner could have simply bolted a standard gtir set up straight on, this is quite a common upgrade for 200s. as you guys upgrade your brakes like its goin out of fashion?! its bringing prices down on brake upgrades so its cheaper to go this route than s14 or 300zx uprade

for instance hi spec want over £700 for a billet 4 conversion s13 for a pulsar you could prob nock nealy 1/3 off that that price, and it only means miner adjustments to the brakets. or £200 for a big disc kit. basicly pulsars are more commonly modded so bits are cheaper. :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Question, if the standard calipers will bolt straight on, then will a gtir big brake kit bolt straight on as well, or are pcds and hub centre diammetre different?

MarkTurbo

Stevo said:
MarkTurbo said:
Stevo said:
You must drive like a big girl then :shock: Cos they're s**t :lol:
like a gir eh?? lets see if u can beat me round the track, then say if i drive like a girl :lol:
I'll have to do that one day :wink: Then call you a girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stevo said:
My brakes have a strong bite and dosnt go spongey from high speed braking. obviously u guys are gay and keep ur foot on the brakes and not the gas, u do have 4x4 u no :wink:
Obviously you're not pushing your car hard enough then :wink: :D

Websnowbo

Whatever Pulsar your talking about obviously doesnt use it for track days or even drive it on the road...........

The PCD is not the same on an S13 so the discs wont fit anyway.

GINGA

MrMischief said:
steveh said:
the fastest pulsar in the country runs this set up so if its good enough for him its good enough fo me.
Who are you saying has the fastest pulsar in the country :?:
Somehow I think Bruce might regret ever putting that on his site lol :lol: