GTI-R alternator & GTI/sunny??? now Steering rack???????

Timur 008

is this the same as a normal GTI 2.0ltr? or even a Sunny 1.4ltr?

coz i need one & not sure if they fit or pull out the same output etc...

moved to maintenance...zia

J

jaigtir

alternator

hi mate, if your looking for an alternator nabsq has a reconditioned one which is basically new for £150, they are £300+ new :shock:

Timur 008

cheers Mr Postman - i spoke to him & he said he will get back to me...

but i am still v curious about the GTI'S or the standard Sunny's- does any1 know if they are the same?? :roll: if so... "Hello Junk yard" :wink:

mattygti-r

the jap alternator is different from the uk one,

ive been throu 3 alternators (dont ask lol) basically mine died when i got the car, bought one which was "working" that wanst so recoditioned the other one

new they are £500quid from japan

thou reconing one cost u £60 for a brand new one so suprised u didnt do that mate

Timur 008

thou reconing one cost u £60 for a brand new one so suprised u didnt do that mate
that is real cheap :shock: (is that why u went through 3?)

mine cost me 150 fitted & yep its a primera one & (touching wood) it all good so far, if it f's up then it's guarenteed for 12 months.. so we see if she holds. :roll: :wink:

mattygti-r

nope thast not cos i went throu 3, since fitting the recon one its been fine that was 8months ago, and ive an apexi keeping check on the voltage so i know its good

what happend was, bought the car, bearings seized in the alternator (alternator 1).....bought an alledgely good one from someone, ...fitted it.....alternator died a couple of days later (was taken off another R that had been lying about for a while) (alternator2)....

the original one where the bearings seized, i got stripped down and completely rebuilt, for £60...(alternator 3) :lol: :lol:

its been 100% fine. :D

Keira

If your in kent or essex broadway electrical in grays are good, cost me £27 for strip, good clean and new bearing 8)

Timur 008

WOW! :shock: you lot are really good!! :wink:
& i thought i got a bargain.. :roll:

well.. i double checked the Primera one they put on my car & its excatley the same as the one the R has. My fingers are crossed it lasts long though.. :roll: i don't want to go through loads like Matty!

mattygti-r

the reason my r went thou a couple was cos i didnt trust the one i bought from another R owner, my battery died in the process , so just started afresh, :lol:

Timur 008

Steering rack now..?

:lol: why not! better be safe then sorry.

now i got a prob with my steering rack :shock: :( - are these the same on a normal sunny gti too?