Gt3076r

Simmo

Anyone running the Garrett GT3076R on their car?

I've read the posts where people have been thinking about using one of these but did anyone actually go ahead and do this?

Trying to get impressions of this turbo and whether its good for the cash or if there is a better option for similar power.

Cheers, Simmo

P

powerfreack

i think they are very simler to the gt30 turbo which is a good turbo that brings plenty of tourqe

but i am no turbo expert

thanks

ashills

very good turbo will do 500 when pushed
can be either t25 or t3 flange depending if u want to change manifold etc
sold a couple of these to guys with evo's the other day they are aiming for over 500 on race gas so will be a good point of reference to what they will really do

Simmo

you don't happen to know the performance differences between the t25 and the t3 flange versions?

ashills

a t25 flanged will spool faster but t3 will probably give a few % extra when really pushing the turbo hard

azboy

the t25 will give faster responce which is more inportant in my opinion but not somuch much top end power eg after 6000 ,but will come in faster which u want for a road car

Fazz

Ashills - any update on the results of the 3076R??

Has anyone confirmed 500bhp on them yet?

Simmo - did u go for one lad or what was your choice?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

We where able to get 410RWHP on an s14, with a gt3076r
(int wg, wich means the smallest exhaust housing 0.68ar(?))
you should be closer to 500 with the 1.02AR t3 one, but i dont think it would go much over thoose 500..

K

kizzyturbo4x4

forgot to mention that the same day we made 342 wheel hp on a pretty std gti-r
running the smaller 3071r int.wg.

Simmo

Fazz said:
Ashills - any update on the results of the 3076R??

Has anyone confirmed 500bhp on them yet?

Simmo - did u go for one lad or what was your choice?
I borrowed a GT3076R on mine for a quick power run and made over 500bhp with race fuel (couldn't get a stable run because it wasnt fully mapped for the GT3076R). The car has just been mapped by Ed with my original MD214 (.86) back on which makes 442bhp @ 1.9 bar (assuming 24% transmission loss).

I'm planning a GT3076R with ext gate + screamer in august but with a secret mod to hope for more power but first is the gearbox + powertrain upgrade so i dont melt boxes every time i launch it :)

The GT3076R seems to be the turbo of choice for a quick spooling 480-540bhp @ crank target 8)

Fazz

Cheers Simmo.

Indeed I'm toying between upgrading turbo and ecu.

Gearbox is a question mark! Might see how Jimmy gets on with his 400bhp effort!

Turbo comes down to 3071 or 3076 - both extr gate and screamer also.

For not a lot of extra cash, the 3076 seems better choice. if not needed for the 500bhp and just running 400, may be a small bit more laggy but not too much.
and the advantage of running slightly less boost to reach the same power

Would hate to reach the 400-450 and want more and have to sell and uprate turbo!
#

So your clearly a fan of the 3076 then!

I think I need to go for a spin in mates 476bhp with HKS 3037s ( aka the hks version of 3076r) to see my opinion on the lag issue.

Oh the fun... and cost ahead!

Simmo

The 3076 does spool up nice and quick, I've never used a 3071 but have heard good things :) I haven't used the 3076 in anger just for a power run to test out the engine build before moving onto the next mod ;) You definitely want a screamer though - simply for the sheer racket they make heh

Crazy: Will post details of engine build when the next upgrade has been completed. I've got the dyno slip at home but no scanner so will try and blag a mate into scanning it for me. I've also subsequently found out that the 214 has been played with but I've no idea whats been changed so I can't say whether a normal 214 would do the same on a similar drivetrain build.