greddy e1 boost controller problem

stevie leese

hi. ive got a problem with my boost controller, the solinoid and all the wires and the screen are all alive and present but it wont work as a boost controler ie only boosting standard. i have metered all the wires through and i am getting a pulsed signal when i put pressure to the map sensor but not sure if there is enough current being produced to opperate the solinoid. its getting beyond me now. is there any one who could test/sort this out for me. or know any one who plays with these things. or maybe a second hand controll box. thanks steve.
:der:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is this a new toy, or something that was previously working?

If you're getting standard boost, does that mean you've still got the original solenoid etc connected?

The other option is that the solenoid is knackered; that's essentially what happened to my EVC III.

stevie leese

Is this a new toy, or something that was previously working?

If you're getting standard boost, does that mean you've still got the original solenoid etc connected?

The other option is that the solenoid is knackered; that's essentially what happened to my EVC III.
the boost controler goes to stock boost if it fails. ive had it on the car from when i brought it. stripped and tested the solinoid and its deffo fine. cheers steve

Fusion Ed

The output driver to the solenoid could have failed. If you have no luck your welcome to send it to me to take a look.