Greddy Boost Controller

stevie leese

Ive got a Greddy Boost Controller. It was on the car when i brought it and was working fine but then suddenly it started beeping randomly then after a few weeks it the car suddenly had reduced boost, and was running at 0.7bar standard when i checked the gauge. The screen still works and registers as a boost gauge and does everything else in its features but ive had to put a manual bleed valve back on the car and do away with the electronic one although ive checked the solonoid and it looks fine, it doesnt seem to work as a bleed valve. Anyone know anythin about these as i could do with sortin it out....
Cheers Steve

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds to me like the solenoid or stepper motor (I don't know what kind it is) has died. - Boost spikes, overboost alarm going off, then not holding boost at all?
My HKS EVC III did a similar thing and the response from HKS was essentially they don't last for ever... sucks to be you; buy a new one. They say that the solenoid gets crap in it and it just wears-out. They aren't serviceable (well the HKS ones aren't); I tried, but short of sourcing a new motor for it, there's not much you can do... and the unit I have is from Japan (so never sold in the UK) and long out of production.

Of course, you might be more lucky than me.

Fusion Ed

Sometimes the controller fails (but several i have managed to fix) its not a profec B spec II is it? Anyway, if all else fails there is a chance I can fix. Test the solenoid by putting 12v through it as well.

stevie leese

hi. not sure what model it is. i can try and find out. i have put volts to the solinoid and it appears fine. i have also stripped and cleaned it. it wasnt spiking the boost,it was beeping randomly until i plugged the controll fob into it.that stopped it beeping then it just stopped working about a week later. not sure whats up with it. is it worth me sending to you or would you need the car to look at it. could do with gettin it sorted.il have a look on line to see if i can find the model number if you want. cheers steve.