good suspension

williams

Does anyone know if bilstein make suspension for the pulsar? Can't seem to find any kits from them.Don't really wana use bc or d2 or tein.

stumo

I'd like some decent stuff too,

i asked AVO (stop sniggering at the back) but they said they couldn't for some stupid reason.

williams

I got the same answer from gaz. I wouldn't use avo again after the shite coilovers I had on my nova.

Georges Dad

Does anyone know if bilstein make suspension for the pulsar? Can't seem to find any kits from them.Don't really wana use bc or d2 or tein.
I actually rang Bilstein about two years ago and asked them if they made anything for the R and they said it was too old :doh:

johnny gtir

I know it big money but on topic dose ohlins still make suspension for the R. I have heard a few people mention it i have looked on there site could not see it listed but others seem to find stuff that i spend ages surching for

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I rather suspect that any of the big name brands have stopped making new parts for the GTi-R (if they ever produced any), so all the "good" suspension has so be bought second-hand and reconditioned/rebuilt (after all, the seals etc tend to be universal).

red reading

ohlins will make you a set, nitron and intrax and dms will too...................£1000-£5000 per corner though!

CruiseGTi-R

If I've learnt anything on dampers/coilovers, its that whatever you buy they always bloody knock/leak/break, even decent stuff.

For that reason, for 600 quid, the BC and D2 stuff is perfect for the pulsar, just don't get springs that are too hard.

Japshop now even sell single replacement damper units for the d2's too, 100 quid or so (BC also do the same). They also did me replacement front springs (5kg), which I swapped for the stupid 8kg ones, its ssooo much better now.

There's little point to buying Bilsteins/Koni's/AVO's etc (if you could buy them, that is).

Last edited: