Going to need new suspension

djdoc360

Hi every one I'm going to need new suspension for my gti-r. Right now, i currently has JIC on all fours but the rears are loosing its dampening ability. So far what i seen in japan and on this site for options are TEIN SS, JIC, the unknown APEX brand ( in the group buy form), K sports, and D2. I'm looking for the suspension that is all adjustable unlike KYB, GAB,...ext.

I have never been to the UK so i cant really compare Japanese roads V.S UK roads. If i was to guess, the places were i drive fast road/touge are more smooth that the USA. I a so do track days here in japan as well.

Do you guys have any input or suggestions?

djdoc360

If you dont mind can i see pics? I do want new suspension but i could get some more miles by swapping out the rear. Out of the suspension listed above, does any one have any say on whats good, really good or bad?

davey red.r

couldnt comment on jic ,but just had tein superstreets fitted the other day, and they are great, lowered car to 35mm drop for now, i personally wouldnt look past tein superstreets.

davey

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I don't know the BC brand so I can't comment on the quality but the design seems better in principle that the Tein.

The spring rates of 6/4kgmm are more prone to understeer than the TeinSS 4/3kgmm but being in Japan Tein they may only have really stiff springs for the domestic market.

The Tein SS are okay but their design is getting a bit old on our cars.

Do a search on the BC and see what others say about the quality generally. If its good, you could always change the springs

djdoc360

Cool. the BC brand does look very tempting to try out. Right now, i am going to try and see if a junkyard in Okinawa still has the use JIC for 20,000 YEN. if not my next option is to check out KF79GTIR rear JICs. In the mean while, I'm putting away money for a brand new set or might bust out the credit card instead. You know whats sad...i just installed my anti lift kit with some new Kumho Ecsta XS on all fours. So my grip level went up at the same time I lost rear stiffness.

P

pulsarboby

i personally think leda make the best suspension for a pulsar, they are sturdy, well built struts and they seem to have cracked it with the spring rates!, i sold a set recently to jjs and the d2s ive got at the moment arent a patch on the ledas for build quality.

teins i think are the next best, if your looking for a set then i have a set of five struts with cusco topmounts they are ha's pm me if any use to you!

olliecast

every jic i`ve heard of and used have been leaking, empty, or fubar`ed.
I have tein superstreets and they are spot on. 100% recommended.

teins can also be refurbed in the uk should they need a service