gizzmo ecu chips

A

Anonymous

any one running one is it a simple chip in a socket or hard soldered

ex-gtir

think youll find its a daughter board as gtir ecu dont have eprom chips so it not a easy fit
evo ones have to be soldered in right pain

$

$ven

it's a board indeed. containing 2 chips, and comes with a solder-in 40 pin socket. (but there's 2 different versions)

stage 1 - safe for 1 bar (fueling,timing sorted)
stage 2 - safe for 1.2 bar (for use with 550cc injectors)

Both let the turbo spool up at lower than standard RPM.
Be carefull with what the chip has been set to. Every person ordering a chip at Gizzmo, can have a chip custom programmed to:

- Fuel (octan 95,98 or RON 100)
- RPM (max rpm, as standard they do 8000RPM=limit, and this isn't always the safest thing.

Also, in order to use the chip, you do not only have to solder the socket in
place, but also, remove the CJ1 link on the backside of the cpu-board, and place it in the CJ2 link (wich as standard is empty)

If interested I can make some pics, 'cause I've got my computer out of the car anyway at the moment. Just let me know

S

str_motorsport

i had a gizzmo upgrade and found them very good...why do you think they are crap??
i am currently running my own chips and i am happy with them.
a standard ecu with a daughterboard and new chips is a very capable unit, allows to run bigger injectors and even z32 maf!!
i don't know why people fits fuel computers when the chipped ecu is much better, has 256 load points, controls timing, fuelling, rev limit, spped limit and is chaper!!
this is the most common upgrade in japan!!made by all big tuners!
that is my opinion.
ivan tomic car is running 500bhp with a chipped ecu.....

Which one do you have?

I have the .bin file for one of their old 550cc z32 maf programs, have looked at it on romeditor and it looks pretty average i wouldnt even bother try running it.
I could try it but cant be assed burning it onto a rom. And risk blowing my engine when i have better maps.

Although the one i have is old so maybe the one you have is different. Heard stories of cars blowing up on those also. Just stories though.

Can anyone say 11.8a/f from 3500-redline under full load.

I totally agree about the stock ecu with romtune being more than capable. Anyone who is running a standalone with under 500hp wasted their money.

Although their is a big difference between properly tuned maps and crap tuned ones.

That goes for standalone and the stock ecu. It comes down to how capable the tuner is at the end of the day. Maybe some tuners are better with standalones. I dunno. Still far to much $$$$.

S

str_motorsport

hi austin, i have the stage one bin files, and a map i wrote for 550 cc injectors.
i would like to have a look at they map for 550 and z32 maf...will you accept sending the bin files to me?
that would be fantastic!
there are some crappy maps around.
i have purchase a stage 2 upgrade from another tuner in nz.....enought to kill the engine after 2 minutes of driving!!!

S

str_motorsport

i have used the stage one for 2 years, and other 3 people are using it here in italy without problems....i believe they are good, and no crappy maps inside...

S

str_motorsport

we could also swap maps if you want....
i have 4 maps for 550 cc injectors, but one is crap...

$

$ven

austingtir said:
I have the .bin file for one of their old 550cc z32 maf programs
This can't be right, since the stage-2 gizzmo chips do support(they need actually) 550cc injectors, but the Z32 MAF is not supported. Or did I miss something here?

Also, what the problem is, people using chips programmed to RON100 and drive it with RON93-95. This is waiting for problems, with these aggresive mappings. As long as you use the right fuel (optimax or add octan +) you won't be dissapointed of their performance.

S

str_motorsport

gizzmo used to have a chip for z32 maf and 550 cc , called stage 3, but it is no more available.

i agrre that they are mapped to run on 98 ron or better fuel, but when used that way they are really good.

A

Anonymous

thanks all for all your replys, roughly what gains would i see, ive got the usual goose,hks filter,fmic,running 1.1 bar car seems fairly slow to me with all these mods,not as fast as my wrx with simular mods apart from the fmic maybe me car has a problem!! sounds ok loads of oil pressure no smoke just seems like it runs out of steam about 5k into the rev range
had trouble catching a mates crx !!!

Surry

I had a stage 3 chip, car wouldnt run fueling was miles out i had what they said i needed, the chip is now in the bin, along with the money i waisted buying it and trying to get their help!!

Jon

Yeah it was the old stage 3 chip. The thing im trying to say is if they couldnt do a z32 and 550cc map then i really dont think the stage 2 map will be that much better although i havent seen it. To be honest i really dont think they put much time and effort / didnt no what they are doing with the maps on our cars.

Personally i would suggest you guys get that bluebird map i put on there and modify it for our cars its much better in my humble opinion.

z32+550cc is the stage 3 chip i think.

S

str_motorsport

yes mate!that would be great!!

here is my e mail

str_motorsport@hotmail.com

thanks
i would like to loom at them... i am currently doing my z32 maf chip and vould like to compare them!
thanks
David

L

Lantz

with these bin files, can we program our standard ecus then? no need for buying a standalone or a chip?