genius or what??? Oyxgen coolin intercooler an better burn

A

Anonymous

in america they r using nos or CO2 to spray onto the intercooler to reduce intake charge but nos is expensive an co2 bein sprayed under ur bonnet means it gets sucked in thru ur induction kit an co2 doesnt burn basically so ur starving the engine of burnable air. but Oxygen is cheap ( u get a big bottle at home for like peanuts an get a bottle suitable rated( check co2 bottles , aqua bottles for the right pressure.) u can then mount the bottle like a nos bottle an usin the same toys as nos (remote solenoid valves) an the beauty of this is not only is oxygen liquid in the bottle at whatever absurd pressure but when it comes out its like -183'c i think (bloody freezin)anyway this is sprayed onto intercooler thus reducin intake charge mean denser air= more air in cylinder = more power & cooler running an also floods underneath ur bonnet with oxygen rich air which gives u a much better burn in ur engine!!! a little experimentaion is need to get the right amount of oxygen sprayed prob use nos jets a good idea an solenoids. and all this for peanuts!!!! solenoid 20-60 quid bottle free-100 quid, nos pipein or braided brake line ( check pressures) 20-100 quid an installation plus a switch on/off..
well what do u guys think of this?????

also how about an air brake , way better than the mercedes one, build another panel ontop of the roof with a hydraulic ram running the lenght of the roof in the middle with a pivot shaped like this > then over say 60 mph under hard brakin ram extends/contracts(dependant on linkage) an top level roof raises up to approx 45 degrees like so \ therefore acting as a windbrake an forcin car to be pushed down on the road particularly at the back keepin car level under hard brakin an provind another form of braking that is not dependant on wheel/traction/grip!!!!!
now this would be handy when we r doin 140/ 150 mph an u hit the brakes a big roof sized air brake like the ones on the wings of a plane when u land they come up an u can feel the force( no pun intended)
givin u extra stoppin power and traction an downforce.

let me know what u think of this idea???

N

N1SMO

oxygen under the bonnet hmm hope you have not any loose wires as it will make a great calalyst for a burnt out wreck

A

AJ4

Don't under any circumstance put oxygen under your bonnet ! Its not the same as having a bottle of cold air, oxygen on its own has some very different properties, such as combusting in contact with greases / oils etc. There are special procedures and fittings for oxygen pipes, they have to be contaminent free and have quite strict regulations. Besides, would you really like to fill your engine bay with one of the most explosive gases in the world and then drive over a lit cigarette butt ? he he :D

Nice idea, but the reason people use nitrous oxide is because nitrgoen is an inert gas ( ie it doesnt explode just by looking at it like oxygen does :D )

S

Sunny Nutter

I was just about to type all those details in!
dont go near it mate...its a good idea but if it goes wrong and chances are it will they will be finding bits of you in the surrounding states!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is april fools day different in America?

If that oxygen gets into your induction system, all it will do(without extra fuel) is lean you out and probably help your engine blow.

Oxygen itself doesn't burn as such (that's what they told us) it helps things burn alot faster and vigrously. Put a glowing fag in oxygen and it doesn't explode, the oxygen doesn't burn, the fag just burns down alot quicker than in air(that's what they showed us)

Oxygen isn't explosive like hydrogen, but mix it with grease and nasty things happen. Explosions do then happen (can't remember if they showed us that one :oops: )

Liquid oxygen is a nice pale blue colour, I'd imagine that's why icebergs have a blue tint to them. :p

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Oh, I forgot about the airbrake. Well, it might work or it might just collapse the roof due to the massive downforce it should create. I also have visions of the problems the top fuel dragsters had a few years back with their high wings, they were being flipped over backwards. Ever seen an R pull a wheelie? :p

B

Brett G

I really think that you're living in a dream world!
They are both good ideas but totally impractical.
As Ross said there are very strict procedures for the uses of oxygen, it is a necesity for combustion and without it (in most cases) nothing would burn at all and neat oxygen needs very little ignition scource for it to make fuel out of something! All factors suggest def not a good idea for even the cleanest of engine bays! At work we even have to use seperate sets of steps which are quarrantined from all the greasy ones!

M

madMATT

genius or what??

um have to wait for tech dater.but thast is cool

A

Anonymous

if yuor goin to do that why dont you have air to water but instead of water use a sealed chamber which your intercooler runs though and use the coolint from your air con that should cool it down
what do you think l;ads a good idsea or what?????
you wont need a big intercooler then 8)
have a solinode to switch it on when temp rises
im wondering if it will work ????