Gearboxes

Johneh

Are there any other gearboxes that can be put in the 'R or are we just limited to the Stanard and Quaffe boxes?

E.g. Are the any 6 speed boxes, or different ratio boxes that we can put in to raise the top speed / accelleration?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Johneh said:
Are there any other gearboxes that can be put in the 'R or are we just limited to the Stanard and Quaffe boxes?

E.g. Are the any 6 speed boxes, or different ratio boxes that we can put in to raise the top speed / accelleration?

There is the PAR...

There is also a Becker one if you dare... haha!... Complete joke of a gearbox...

There is the NISMO short ratio box...

There is also the Quaife and the Quaife Straight Cut... They will do a 6-speed sequential for about £15k

There is also the PPG gearbox and again a straight cut version..

Holinger are developing one for the GTiR now too...

Thats all i can think of just now..

Rishi

S

Sirnixalot

will anyone even bother paying for em once they find out the price is the question....though i havent noticed people being skint when it comes to these cars in my hayday.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sirnixalot said:
will anyone even bother paying for em once they find out the price is the question....
Once Rishi's put his 700bhp through it a few times and proved them unbreakable :roll: I think they might :)

M

Mr Overboooost

rishi it wasnt there yesterday :? oh and my avatar to you :lol:

cheers
gary

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fast Guy said:
RishiGTiR said:

Holinger are developing one for the GTiR now too...
Any spec on it? 5/6 speed? bet it's not sequential :( :wink:

Was going to be 5-Speed... I've been moaning at them to redesign the gearbox casing too but for now they are planning on using the standard one...

Sent them a lot of info regarding the problems with the current uprated boxes so we'll see how they get on...

Price is reasonable too... Think its much the same as the Quaife and PPG...

Just have to start moaning at IKEYA for a Sequential Shifter now... :lol:

Rishi