Gearbox... strange??

frp

Launched the R tonight about 6K rpm went for 2nd gear there was nothing, put it into 1st and pulled into the petrol station..
Now the gear stick was stuck :doh: with two hands i pulled hard as i could and got it out :roll: .
But then no gears at all (would nt go in) turned it off and went for some red bull
came back tried again no luck. F**k. turned the engine back on and got 4th and 5th.... then 3rd then 1st???? :der: home time i thought so i launched it out of the garage 7.5K rpm 1,2,3,4,5 gears all back to normal????

Any ideas ? mental:der:

MarkTurbo

You're lucky it went back to normal, i'll give the box a month..........:lol:

Strange things these R gearboxes :shock:

MarkTurbo

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Stop launching it so Fu*king hard....Thats my advice:roll:
Dont be such a big girls blouse :roll: ;-)

I've launched mine at more revs than that on numerous occasions and the box is still ok ;-)

Ricky_GTi-R

MarkTurbo said:
Dont be such a big girls blouse :roll: ;-)

I've launched mine at more revs than that on numerous occasions and the box is still ok ;-)
Ah yes but perhaps your gearbox isnt as much of a pussy as his gearbox???;-) :lol:

O

Odin

frp said:
mine still works.... at least for now

As Mark said I give it a month at most :cry: , Get ready for a big bill old chap :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'd start looking for a second hand box now while its still going, Of get your Quaife order in now because I think their is a 5 week wait for a gear set at present ;-) .

Rob

Mr GTiR

Thunder God said:
I think their is a 5 week wait for a gear set at present ;-) .
I't's also a 4 week wait with Bernie. I've told them i'll send them a crate of beer if they do my PAR before Rishi's :thumbsup:

maz

yeap, get your quaife order in now bud, i think im on week 3 of 5 so not too long for me, but maybe you should be a little more careful with the box, if it broke for me on one launch i wouldnt have done a second :/

frp

Took the R out after work,just got back. The gearbox feels better than ever really well.... smooth? :noidea:
What are prices of quaife etc
What would you lads recommend from experience?

cheers steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Bernie and his merry men must like me then, I got my shot peened and polished Quaife gearset in a week and a half ;-)