gearbox return spring and gearstick gaiter

BMCC

Looking for the spring that centers the gearstick (1st gear side) and a good condition gearstick gaiter as mine has got a hole in it.....
pm if you have any of these parts

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is this not done by a rubber bush on the rods under the car, or does that just take the play out of the linkage?

BMCC

Is this not done by a rubber bush on the rods under the car, or does that just take the play out of the linkage?
Definitely a spring, I've had a look and the end of the spring has snapped off so it is just hanging there. The car drives fine it just that every now and then I miss a gear and get lost as to where to find a gear. Having the gear stick center from both sides means I can easily find neutral and then 3rd or 4th. I could buy a new gaiter but it would stand out.........

Ive spent around 2K at my local Nissan over the last 6 months, generally I email the bloke I usually deal with in parts with a list of part numbers, he replies back with a price and if there available then orders what I need. Its got to the point now that I dont pay for them till I pick them up :grimacing:

I bought the spring you need last month, its still available and very cheap!

Spring return 34573-50J00- Estimate 19th Oct £8.18

BMCC

Ive spent around 2K at my local Nissan over the last 6 months, generally I email the bloke I usually deal with in parts with a list of part numbers, he replies back with a price and if there available then orders what I need. Its got to the point now that I dont pay for them till I pick them up :grimacing:

I bought the spring you need last month, its still available and very cheap!

Spring return 34573-50J00- Estimate 19th Oct £8.18
Guess that's what happens if you spend 2k :grinning:

I'll give that part no to them, them may do something with it, or then again they may decide that they need to check it before they order, so back to the old 'We need to get the discs' from Nissan first.................