gearbox or clutch dont know

S

skans789

ive got a problem with my gearbox everybody is telling me its the pressure plate of the clutch when the car is not started the car goes it to gear perfect but when it started it doesnt go in but if you put it in gear and then start it it stales so im not sure whats wrong with.

i also have a problem when i rev the car at high revs about 6000 revs it chucks out blue smoke someone told me its the turbo seals not sure.

can anyone help????/

S

skans789

hello mate thanks for the reply i havent checked the master clinder and dont know how to i have got a brand new clutch but i dont want to ,put it in if its not the clutch

P

powerfreack

just check for fluied down the clutch pedeal on the inside of the car

and olso check the master cylinder tank to check it has fluied in it

the tank is situeated on the firewall on the drivers side it will be a little contanier that fastens to like a triangle

S

skans789

hello mate any chance of some detailed instructions as it is the first one i have had and dont know much about these cars cheers

C

crackerjack

i had this same problem and found that my clutch plate had stripped all of its material off and snapped a section of the metal out of the plate. Then also found that the pressure plate had lost some tension off some of the fingers.... so my bet is that your clutch is stuffed

S

skans789

hello mate ive been told to put a new clutch in it because of the preassure plate so i bought a brand new clutch from dealers and then i thought to myself no use fitting it if its not the clutch so its most likely the clutch then

S

skans789

hello ive just checked the master cylinder clutch fluid and it is full about the smoking is that the piston rings or turbo seals

P

powerfreack

skans789 said:
hello ive just checked the master cylinder clutch fluid and it is full about the smoking is that the piston rings or turbo seals
it could be either do a compreshion test that will tell you if its your rings

T

tro||

powerfreack said:
it could be either do a compreshion test that will tell you if its your rings
if the compression ring is intact and its the ringland thats gone it might not tell you jack shit, i've seen a compression and leak down test done on an engine with a blown ringland and because the rings were still fine it proved nothing.

engine came apart and it was plain to see why it was smoking :sad:

S

skans789

is there any use doing a compression test then is there any chance it can be the turbo when your driving it and kiciking in the turbo at abt 5500 -6000 revs it starts blowing smoke but the turbo still works fine and it the boost gauge shows its working fine.

i really dont want it o be the piston rings as its going to set back and im not sure im going to be able to afford it. so i would have to get rid of it or take a part exchange on it.

i dont want the conclusion to come to that but if its the turbo i am more then happy to put it in.

S

skans789

i thought i best tell you when i give it high revs it also pops it pops first and the chucks out smoke

P

powerfreack

whats boost are you running and what couler is the smoke

T

tro||

a compression test wont hurt but it doesn't always show the problem, checking the turbo is easy enough so worth taking a look at, if anything has gone internally it will be a ring land

KF79GTIR

Right try warming it up for ten mins then remove the dip stick about an inch and rev it if smoke pours out your dip stick hole it is pistons i still have night mares about that day then i awke and go to work in the thought of going forged

S

skans789

KF79GTIR said:
Right try warming it up for ten mins then remove the dip stick about an inch and rev it if smoke pours out your dip stick hole it is pistons i still have night mares about that day then i awke and go to work in the thought of going forged
ive tryed that before someone told me to rev it and see if there is smoke coming out of your dip stick and i did it and i think not to sure that smoke did come out il try it tommorow is it definatly piston rings if smoke comes out of there.

if you can confirm that is definatly piston rings then i might have to go in the for sale section as i aint got enough to buy a new engine or change the pistons on it il find out definatly if there is smoke coming out of the dip stick

thanks for your help

KF79GTIR

right you say you aint got enough money for a new engine i know of someone who will do an exchange for a fully rebuilt lump about 800 notes