Gearbox Oil

• Thread starter Little Miss Road Rage
  • Start date
L

Little Miss Road Rage

I know its an oil question but Adi asked me if there was a recommended oil for the gearbox and diffs on my site. I've used the search and I think I would be here all night searching for what I wanted so can anyone help.
PS bring it on V Pulsar (sorry to hear about your accident hope your ok always hurts more the next day)

J

Jonny H

most people recommend Millers or Silkolene! I personally use Silkolene but its diwn to preference at the end of the day! Grade 75w 90 me thinks! :mrgreen:

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Thanks for that I'll let him know hes obviously planning an oil change.
OAP-R u didn't have to click on the topic and read it. Are u like one of these old people that sit around all day finding things to moan about? We've got one like u down the workshop. Every workshop should have its own OAP.

O

Odin

I'v used redline in the transfer box and gearbox, And amsoil gear oil in the dif.

Oh and yes it does hurt more today :cry: but thanks for asking sweetie :D :oops: .

rob

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Thanks vpulsar hope it stops hurting soon. I find car accidents worse than going to the gym cause they make every muscle hurt including some u didn't know u had.

A

Anonymous

Little Miss Road Rage said:
Thanks for that I'll let him know hes obviously planning an oil change.
OAP-R u didn't have to click on the topic and read it. Are u like one of these old people that sit around all day finding things to moan about? We've got one like u down the workshop. Every workshop should have its own OAP.
that's me :D
if you'd just take the time to do a search then look at even some of the answers to posts like yours,you'd find that they are all the same.

1 person will say most use millers or silkolene :wink: but my own preference is silkolene.then the next person says,don't use that,use redline.it then usually degenerates into half a dozen people all rec'ding half a dozen different oils with no real winner all because someone is too bloody lazy to invest a little bit of research into a really simple question :evil:

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Well what oil do u recommend then oap-r as u seem to know the threads off by heart I seemed to find all other threads on this forum apart from any about gearbox oil?

Vpulsar what spec are the oils u use?

L

Little Miss Road Rage

OAP-R are u one of those people that watch channel 4 and complain about all the sex on there even though you've got 3 other channels to watch?

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Thanks vpulsar at least one of the experienced R owners can help newbies like me. What about the rear diff?

O

Odin

What about the rear diff?
Just use the same MT90 the only reason I have Amsoil in the dif was to use up what I had left over from my saab day's as it's expensive stuff :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

Well what oil do u recommend then oap-r as u seem to know the threads off by heart I seemed to find all other threads on this forum apart from any about gearbox oil?
i happen to prefer redline but i'm sure the millers,silkolene and the amsoil will do just as well :wink:

A

Anonymous

OAP-R are u one of those people that watch channel 4 and complain about all the sex on there even though you've got 3 other channels to watch?
no,i don't care what channel the sex is on :p :D

A

Anonymous

Thanks vpulsar at least one of the experienced R owners can help newbies like me
typical bloody woman,always needing help :wink: :twisted:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
typical bloody woman,always needing help :wink: :twisted:

And she went to the big hunk of burning love for that help :shock: :lol: 8) .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Haha!... Are you 2 at it again...

You 2 always manage to keep me entertained at work... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Haha!... Are you 2 at it again...

You 2 always manage to keep me entertained at work... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well we try and keep up gtiroc's happy helpfull image mate :lol: :lol: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
And she went to the big hunk of burning love for that help :shock: :lol: 8)
and a big hand to don juan for spelling a complete retort correctly :twisted: :lol:

must be a 1st for you casanova :wink: