Gear box help please.....

Mr GTiR

Can someone pleae take a picture of their gear box near the front gear box mount. To the left of the bottom bolt on the front engine mount my gear box is leaking oil. I need to know if there is a bolt here or a core plug.

Thanks.

MarkTurbo

The bolt that supports part of the reverse mechanism is in that area, should have silicon gasket put on it when its put back in ;-)

A

ard1ey

Hi,

Can't do you a picture, but I've had my head under the car all day. The only thing to the left of the bottom bolt on the front engine mount on my gearbox (as you look at it from the front of the car) is a bolt head - looks like its securing something inside the box to the casing? Can't see any core plugs in the vicinity.

Hope that helps!

Ian

MarkTurbo

Mr GTiR said:
What i need to know is what the **** it does? Does it secure somthing internally in the box?
Unfortunatly yes :? Was the bolt in there when you got the box back? If not then whoever did the box is a numpty :doh: Can you see a thread inside the hole or just a solid piece of metal? If you can you see a thread you might be lucky and be able to get the bolt in, if not it could be a casing off job :sad:

Mr GTiR

FU.CK!! No bolt in there when i got the box back. What does it hold?

What size bolt is it as well as i could not find one big enough to fit. I'll check in a mo to see if i can see a thread.

MarkTurbo

The bit i've drawn a red box round in the top picture is the part that sits up against the inside of the casing and in the bottom picture of the assembled box thats the same part i've drawn round with the red arrow showing where the bolt goes in ;-)

That part can turn so if its not aligned properly you might be able to get it to move by sticking a punch with a point on it into the hole and moving it. Not good news though :sad: What nobber put it together then?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/DSC03030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/DSC03033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr GTiR

FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK FU.CK

Thanks for that Mark.

I've just had a look and saw a bit of the metal. I tried to move it to align the hole but it's not having it. Is there any way i can get to that bit without having to drop the box and engine.

Mr GTiR

Tell me about it!

FU.CK it, the car will just sit on the drive now until i can be arsed with it. I just can't be fu.cked with it anymore.

O

Odin

I'll give you a tenner for your new engine then mate :thumbsup: ......................

If I where you I'd be sending the boys around to ever built your box with a big can of whoop ass :roll: , But anyway what about my offer of a tenner ? :pray: .

Rob:popcorn: :popcorn:

Mr GTiR

I'm going to take my engine out at his house and drop the gear box and transfer oil all over his fu.cking drive instead. Just upset as it's only just been fitted in and filled with oil to find this fu.cking problem.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Mate i fell for you dont worry about the show mate il work some think out but thanks for the help.

hope you get it all sorted soon matey

Lionel.

Mr GTiR

Ninja_tune_factory said:
Mate i fell for you dont worry about the show mate il work some think out but thanks for the help.

hope you get it all sorted soon matey

Lionel.
I've spoken to Uncle Ian and we're going to try something tomorrow so if all goes well we might have the car up and running for the end of the week.

If it does not wrk then the box is coming out, being fixed by him then i'll kick his a$$!