Gauging Interest - Orange Pulsar GtiR

Ive had my eye on a few RX7's lately and think I will be buying one very soon, meaning that the Pulsar will have to go.

At the moment im just gauging interest and opinions on its value. If all goes to plan, it will be up for sale in the third week of June.

This is a very reluctant decision, as this is without a doubt the best car i have ever owned. It has been very well cared for by me and its 2 previous owners. Always garaged and only used as a weekend toy when the sun is out, and for its annual trip to Le Mans 24hr race 8) This car has also won a 'best in show' trophy at last years Jap Performance show and also had a couple of pics in Japanese Performance magazine as well as a small paragraph about the car. Its also the December car on the club calender :thumbsup:

Spec is as follows:

Engine:
• Sheepdog BOV
• HKS Mushroom filter with orange housing
• Magnecor KV85 ignition leads (new 100 miles ago)
• NGK BCR8ES performance sparkplugs (new 100 miles ago)
• Mongoose turbo back stainless steel exhaust
• Mongoose silenced decat pipe
• Helix Autosport organic clutch
• Walbro 255lph fuel pump
• Hybrid front mount intercooler
• Polyshifter gearlinkage bush
• Chrome sparkplug cover
• Chrome throttle body/inlet cover
• Orange silicone hoses
• Forge Oil filler cap
• Orange/white rocker cover

Wheels/Suspension/brakes:
• 17 inch team dynamics black alloy wheels
• McGuard locking wheelnuts
• GAB Adjustable -30mm suspension
• Wilwood 310mm 4-pot brake kit
• Wilwood Poly Q brake pads (new ~300 miles ago)

Exterior:
• Full respray in pearlescent orange
• Modified front grill
• Fog light wired into reverse light
• Clear side repeaters
• GTR badging
• Cutout front bumper with black mesh
• 10mm bonnet risers
• Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Interior:
• Momo steering wheel
• Razo pedals
• Clutch Pedal support bracket
• Tinted windows
• Twin A pillar gauges DEFI style (boost and oil pressure)
• HKS Turbo Timer
• Greddy Profec B II boost controller set to 0.6bar low, 1.1bar high
• Cobra Monaco bucket seats with GTI-R branding
• Stripped rear seats/belts
• Relocated washer bottle (in boot)

Alarm/Security:
• Cat 1 Auto GT alarm and immobiliser
• Blackjack anti-hijack

Now for the not so good points: Both rear arches have slight bubbling, and unfortunately i scraped the front n/s wheelarch extension against my garage. If i can, i will get the arch extension sorted before June, but wont be able to get the arches done. Apart from that, the car is fine. There are no mechanical problems whatsoever, and all the supporting mods have been done to keep it going at 1bar boost safely (uprated fuel pump, uprated clutch, heat range 8 plugs etc).

Some pics: (second one the arch scrape can be seen)

So whats the general opinion on value? I was hoping for around £6500, but understand the arch bubbles and scrape will have affected that value greatly. Somewhere around £6000-£5500 i feel is a complete bargain considering i paid just under that when it was running ~60bhp less than now.

Cheers,

Dan

*edit* I also have the standard (orange) bonnet and complete standard interior which will be included, and will be happy to lower cost slightly if i keep parts like the carbon bonnet & buckets

Last edited:

EVOBAD

nice car but if i was looking to spend 5-6k it would hav to be fully forged running 400bhp with everthing you hav plus more mods

pulsar craig

EVOBAD said:
nice car but if i was looking to spend 5-6k it would hav to be fully forged running 400bhp with everthing you hav plus more mods
think u wud be paying more than 5-6k for one of them

EVOBAD

the way pulsars are going at min iv had many pulsars over 10years to of them were higher spec than this & i sold them les than 5-6k to spend this much with engine strd u have to be mad or you dont no nothing about cars

red reading

this argument is happening on the modifier's site at the moment to give you an idea on prices dan,a forged 400bhp red pulsar in very good condition recently went for £6500,and that had all the toy's bar a quaiffe g/box,i would say £5000 for your's,but someone will probably pay more if you wait long enough as it is a very tidy car,i have seen it in the flesh

EVOBAD

it is a nice car which i hav stated but for me id be wanting alot more than 1bar 280bhp but other people might see the paint job etc & giv you your price but in todays market 5-6k is to much uless pulsars all of a sudden increase in value over night

Cheers for the input guys.

Neil - i know, i wish i could hold onto it until next spring as per original intentions, but ive decided that pretty soon its going to be time to grow up and get a house etc and that means getting rid of the toys, so im gonna have as many as possible now lol

Also, the car may be up for sale a lot sooner than the third week of June. By the end of this week i'll know for sure. I definately wont be taking under 5.5k for it unless i keep both the carbon bonnet and bucket seats, as then i wont be able to afford the Rex i have my eye on.

P

pulsarboby

well well well dan im shocked your flogging it:shock:

ok if you want me to be honest i reckon your looking at 5k tops and you may have to hang around to achieve that price!
but
its always worth putting up for more as someone may just want that coloured car, and i know you and paz have looked after her and put a lot of time n money into the car.
unfortunately though im inclined to go with what evobad has said and hes very correct in saying that they have considerably dropped in price recently.
you can buy a very very nice car with all the right bits for 6k if you bide your time, its a shame but none the less a fact.

i sincerely hope you prove me and him wrong though and i wish you luck with the sale, it is a very nice car!

gunmetalgtir

Judging by the pictures and the spec, taking into account the rust I would say that you would be lucky to get 4k for it.

It's just the way the market is at the moment. If you really think it's worth 5k-ish then put it in for that, but you may be waiting a while. Hopefully these cars should be going back up in value soon, as soon as Boby brakes out all the sh*ters!! :lol:

All the best with the sale though, hope you get top dollar for it.

bloodey hell, im supprised the moderators on here haven't deleted your post yet as it apprears to be in the wrong section; your not actually selling it your gauging interest :der:
:lol:

Garef

jambo_gtir said:
bloodey hell, im supprised the moderators on here haven't deleted your post yet as it apprears to be in the wrong section; your not actually selling it your gauging interest :der:
:lol:
Haha, classic.

its impossible to say mate - a car with the countries financial credit crunch cant be priced like this, any and every car is only ever wirth what someone will pay for it, you can have the highest powered, spec'd and cleanest can in the world but it will only sell IF someone is willing to pay what you want for it, with the state of our country financially at the moment and the car market taking a big hit its hard to sell anything, I sold my 400BHP pulsar nearly 8yrs ago now and it was sold for under 6.5K back then mate.

This is indeed a very clean and nice looking R but if you look at the current market, prices for gti-R's and also the price for a fresh import from japan now I think it'll be hard to sell for over £5K (IF someone will pay that at the moment).

CLearly though depending on the urgency for sale it'll happen in time, I sold my EVO 6 nearly 2yrs ago and that took nearly a year to sell, HOWEVER my Integra DC2 Road/Track car sold for more than I paid for it within 2 weeks as well as me getting a car in part ex, a lot of Jap cars prices are reflected on the price available from Japan.

GTI-R's are cheap from Japan now, when I mean cheap I mean cheap
Yet a DC2 imported (a good grade 4 one), will only make a few hunder £££'s profit for sale here.

Hope all sells how you want mate.

Carl

gtistevo said:
this is by far the nicest R ive seen... makes me wanna spray mine that colour.
Why not save the money from spraying yours and buy mine :p

Highest offer ive had so far has been £4000 from a dealer when i went and looked at a p/x.

Its properly up for sale now, on both ebay and pistonheads. Im asking £6000 for it. I got it MOT'd this morning, flew through first time and now has 13 months to run and tax till Feb 09.