Gauges

tee

I am looking to buy some gauges, they need to be 52mm.
ideally i want EGT, wideband AFR, and oil pressure and or temp.

so my question is where is the best place to buy from? any recommendations? or even better anybody selling used items cheap?

thanks

watoga

Hi,

What are your plans? Do you plan to simply have the gauges in the car so you can check temps, etc. while out driving? Or do you want to use the values for tuning and/or data logging? If you're looking to do the latter (ie tuning and post-facto reviewing) then I would recommend from my own personal experience:

Wideband AFR: AEM UEGO as it can be directly connected to a PC via the serial output and used in NIStune for tuning purposes.

EGT: Most will be fine so long as they have really good heat shielding around the sensor and wire. I'm using a 60mm EGT gauge, so don't have a direct recommendation for a 52mm type.

Oil pressure/temp: The Pro Sport range of premium gauges are very good for data logging purposes. They have a wide resistance range which results in accurate data logging. I have determined all the temp/pressure values as a function of resistance if you are keen to log these parameters, and therefore use them to review your track/road sessions. The gauges can be found here.

Cheers,
Dave

vss irvine

stack do a range of 52mm guages, theres budget to top motorsport spec.

merlin motorsport stock them.

ive got spa digital guages.

tee

are them SPA digital gauges good then? i have seen them in a few members cars, but tbh i don't like the look of a digital gauge, prefer an analogue style

tee

Hi,

What are your plans? Do you plan to simply have the gauges in the car so you can check temps, etc. while out driving? Or do you want to use the values for tuning and/or data logging? If you're looking to do the latter (ie tuning and post-facto reviewing) then I would recommend from my own personal experience:

Wideband AFR: AEM UEGO as it can be directly connected to a PC via the serial output and used in NIStune for tuning purposes.

EGT: Most will be fine so long as they have really good heat shielding around the sensor and wire. I'm using a 60mm EGT gauge, so don't have a direct recommendation for a 52mm type.

Oil pressure/temp: The Pro Sport range of premium gauges are very good for data logging purposes. They have a wide resistance range which results in accurate data logging. I have determined all the temp/pressure values as a function of resistance if you are keen to log these parameters, and therefore use them to review your track/road sessions. The gauges can be found here.

Cheers,
Dave
Ideally i would like to have them so i can then adjust the map settings on the car, but i wouldn't know what to do lol
so yep pretty much just have them there to keep an eye on things, but i don't wanna buy cheap crappy gauges that will stop working after a few months.