Fusion now supplies Mongoose Exhausts.

Fusion Ed

I can now supply and/or fit Mongoose exhausts for your R. Club members will get special introductory prices. Message me for any info :)

Hi Ed,

What are the chances of asking Mongoose to make a back box that sits in the place of the original back box?

It seems the days of loud and brash are out and alot of members are looking for a solution to this and so are having one off customs back boxes made up.

I'm sure they would have quite a bit of interest especially if it could use the current Mongoose system that most of have in place at the moment.

Thanks, Ben.

Count me in if you need a min of 10 mate. Like on my other post, I need to make mine quieter, people really are starting to look at me funny now haha

vss irvine

The 2 things people are looking for these days are quieter and bigger.

3" with a rear silencer. Or is that too much of a change?

Fusion Ed

Interesting. Seems there is demand. They are willing to work with me on a complete custom system if min 10 are ordered. I'm told that the of the shelf option will be discontinued soon. I'd quite like a moderate (i.e. track passable) 3 inch system myself, so that would make up one of the 10. Most of the mongoose systems I get in the garage now are falling to bits, so I'd imagine others may need to do this soon.

andygtir

Can they also incorporate a 3 inch elbow into the design (as a separate piece), to fit the stock location?

I'd be interested in one.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Can they also incorporate a 3 inch elbow into the design (as a separate piece), to fit the stock location?
That would be a good move for Mongoose if they could make a 3" elbow with their new systems, since they are pretty hard to come by off the shelf, unless its custom made.

MarkTurbo

Most of the mongoose systems I get in the garage now are falling to bits, so I'd imagine others may need to do this soon.
Mine is over 10 years old now and apart from replacing the flexi section about a year ago it's still in good condition.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That would be a good move for Mongoose if they could make a 3" elbow with their new systems, since they are pretty hard to come by off the shelf, unless its custom made.
Seconded. - Even if it was only their standard 2.5" or whatever it is, I'd be tempted because it has to be an improvement on Nissan's effort.

Hi Ed,

I primarily only wanted a big silencer/back box for trackdays but if the majority are after a full 3" both with elbow which is respectably quiet system and mongoose wouldn't be interested in making both, than I'll go with that.

Just be nice to sort something quieter out for when the spring is here and trackday season begins.

I've just been speaking with Mongoose via email and they have said making a backbox that sits across the rear and exits from the left isn't something that they would likely consider making.

The main reason is they suspect there would be very little demand for this and also they make exhausts for road cars so need to be a straight fit.

And as said earlier in this thread they have already discontinued the original system due to low demand.

So it does look like that avenue is closed and that custom/one off is the only way to go if we need a quieter system.

Cheers, Ben.