fueling problem?????

simpulsar

right guys ive recently had problems with my r. i melted a piston on number 3 so ive stripped it all and put a new piston in and put it bk together but it wont start.

ive done a compression test and they are all 150 psi but it wont start. ive removed the fuel rail and there is fuel getting to it but not coming through the injectors??????

any ideas would be helpfull guys

simpulsar

there are no blockages. what i remove the injector then the petrol p**ses out it just wont come throught the injectors

P

pulsarboby

the fuel wont come through the injectors untill its being cranked over!
have you checked to see if you have a spark at the plugs?
if so then are you absolutely sure the engine is timed up correctly (valve timing)?
are all earths connected including those to your throttle bodies?

simpulsar

ive had the fuel rail unbolted and pulled the injectors out and turned it over. then engine is turning over fine but no fuel is coming out of the injectors. there is a spark at the plugs cos when i remove a injector and fuel comes out and goes in to the engine i turn it over and it fires. i have cleaned the earth on the throttle bodys and they are connected

simpulsar

i know that the thing thats pissing me off. ill have another look 2moro and hopefully sort it out. anymore sugestions on what to check 2moro apart from earths

gtirx2

Injector resistor pack thing is all plugged in ok?Its the thing in the right hand coner of the engine bay where the suspension top mount bolts up.

P

pulsarboby

you may have to get a multimeter and check that the solenoid wires are pulsing when on crank, but if none of them are opening then i guess they will be electrically dead.

P

pulsarboby

theres a relay on the driver side inner wing, but for the life of me i cant remember whether its the fuel pump or injector relay!
you may have to look in manual, but if they were working before then its obviously something hasnt been connected properly or theres a dodgy connection somewhere.

simpulsar

ok cheers bob just wanted a list of things to check so that i can check them all 2moro. ill let you know how i get on. hopfully ill get it running

P

pulsarboby

just run through all your connections and double check everything thats been connected on both wiring looms on l/h & r/h side.

stumo

pulsarboby said:
theres a relay on the driver side inner wing, but for the life of me i cant remember whether its the fuel pump or injector relay!
you may have to look in manual, but if they were working before then its obviously something hasnt been connected properly or theres a dodgy connection somewhere.
Bob, that relay is the fuel pump .

simpulsar

yes its turning over but when i pull the injector rail out a bit there is no fuel coming out of the injectors but if i pull a injector out of the rail there is loads of preasure there and if i turn it over when petrol has gone in to the cylinder it tried to fire but wont start cos its only one cylinder got petrol

P

pulsarboby

have you checked the power to the solenoids yet? if theres no power / pulsing, then that circuit is obviously dead.
it wont be your injectors
the other possibility, simple as it may seem, are you sure you have the inlet and return fuel hoses from the filter the right way round on the fuel rail;-) seen that done before! try swapping the pipes round.
if you still dont get anything then i would try another ecu, as this controls the injectors opening and closing, thats assuming like you said that all connections are correct.