Fuel system upgrades

katemc

Hi all ,

i was thinking i may need to up-rate my set up which is walbro pump, 800cc inj.
I am aiming for 550bhp with a wet direct nitrous system.
I was going to get a decent FPR , but will i need a bigger pump or maybe too?
Is there a way to make the fuel pump external , as i dont really want to do the whole fuel cell, pumps inside etc!

Thanks in advance :-D
Kate

Last edited:

noriek2003

what i would do on a road going gtir is chuck a bosch 044 in the tank or inline fed from the walbro a set 0f 1000's, a decent reg and forget about fueling..lol

noriek2003

in simple terms the way it works is the inline pump is no longer having to draw fuel from the tank so its work is easier as the first pump is supplying it with fuel.

People think the first pump becomes a restriction but that isn't the case, its been proven to work many times, even a 044 intank would supply enough fuel.

Fusion Ed

hi Kate :),

If a swirl pot is not a bad idea to be honest. It doesn't have to look that pretty etc, just be functional. Pulsars are pretty bad at fuel issues when below 1/4 tank in my experience.

katemc

thanks for all the replys , i just bought 2 new walbro's . 1's going in tank and the other underneath in-line both with direct power feeds, and going to find some 1000cc inj!
ill keep an eye out for a swirl pot , i take it this will have to be mounted in the car??
I didnt really want the pumps inside , only for the noise!

Fusion Ed

You'd be better with a single 044 out of the tank to be honest. fed from a swirl pot 'vapour seperator' ;) in the boot.

katemc

hi edd , i was looking at the 044 and thought it was 280lph/650bhp i think( not sure got parts on the brain!!)
I thought the 2 255lph pumps would work out to a little more, just wanted to make sure as it will be feeding 4 nit/fuel nozzles and now 10000cc injectors.

MarkTurbo

I'm using an 044 in the tank with a modified standard pick up and i dont get any problems with fuel starvation under cornering even with 1/4 tank of fuel ;-)