fuel pump voltage

nismoboy

I need to raise my fuel pump voltage, i have 2 pulsars and both of them have low fuel pump voltages ones 12.2v and the other one is 11.7v ive tried re-earthing them and it only raises it by 0.1v.Does any one know how to re- wire these so i can get 13.5v- 14v at the pump :?: cheers nis.

O

Odin

nismoboy said:
anyone know :?: :?:
It's a bit late matey :wink: .

I'm sure your get your answer quick enough tomorow :D .

Don't ask me though as I'm 5hite with eletrics :oops:

rob

E

EVOGUN

Run a wire from your battery to the rear of your car, MAKE SURE you fuse it 6-12 inch from the battery. I would say 20 amp fuse. Then you need a relay Bosch 12 volt is fine.
You take the wire from the battery and connect it to the pin 87 on the relay. Then take pin 85(add a wire to it) and ground it to the body. Next cut the main power wire for the fuel pump, you can find it with that multi meter your using to check voltage. Now the end from the front of the car goes to 86 pin and finally the 30 pin goes to the fuel pump. Merry X-mas your ready for full voltage.

- note use 10 or 8 guage wire you can get good stuff at any car audio store. Amp power wire, they also have the relay you need and if you lucky a harness for it.

Davey

Dunno if the Pulsar does this, but some nissans increase the voltage to the pump, as the demand incresases.
Obviously, rewiring it would stop this from happening (although if you are getting max voltage at the pump, this may not matter :?: :? ).

O

Odin

I have my battery in the boot is there a way of doing this with out going back to the front of the car with the wireing :?: :wink: .

As you can proberly tell i'm a right numpty when it come's to electric's :cry: :roll: .

rob

nismoboy

vpulsar said:
I have my battery in the boot is there a way of doing this with out going back to the front of the car with the wireing :?: :wink: .

As you can proberly tell i'm a right numpty when it come's to electric's :cry: :roll: .

rob
so do i and makes it even easier, all your have to do is get a relay then run a cable from your batteries + terminal to pin 87 on the relay then run a earth to pin 85 ( just a piece of cable bolted to the floor in the boot) . Then the positve wire that goes to your fuel pump (the one with a red stripe on it) needs to be cut and this goes to pin 86 on the relay then the other end of the cable u just cut can be joined with a new piece of cable and connected to pin 30 job done :wink:

sypher

pin 30 is normally +12v from battery terminal
pin 87 is normally the "switched" power to user (pump, horn, fan etc)
pin 86 is normally ign power and this is low current
pin 85 is normally the control of the elctromagnetic plunger (usually ecu)

can someone post a diagram of fuel pump circuit to help out..

sypher

sorry don't have pic, do you have a diagram you can post up

...........................|30
.....................85| _ |86
..........................._87/a

this is under the relay with the prongs uptowards you and there is normally no- moulded into the case

(86 &85 may be back to front)
dots are to be ignored the post went all to left of page

O

Odin

Don't worry it didn't work so i can't slate your drawing skill's fella :wink: :lol: .

Just e-mail my main address matey.

rob