front side exit exhaust

johnsy

This is a something id also like to hear about from members who have actually have tried or have one fitted!

From a performance point of view its the best way to go, but from a trackday point of view it would need to be less than 105db, I had my goose tested at 101 with the 5" tail pipe, Iv know got a full 3" system fitted and id guess its louder than the goose,

Once i get my car mapped, m.o.t'd and taxed a db test will be my first point of call

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

they will pass a static noise test (105db) but thats static test with no boost.

if you are on a track with fly by noise meter then big fail lol, as when the turbo spools it sounds like the whole worlds opening up.

on a side note ive got a proper side exit for sale if anyones interested and it has the muffler too which reduces the noise

shroom

Yer they are realy loud, depends alot on the actual silencer used, but why would you want a side exit and then use a big bung to stop noise as it will probably be as restrictive, you will have problems trying to fit a wideband and usefull things like that and on tick over it could sound like a tractor like mine did, one thing to note is I had no drone on the motorway at all

williams

wideband would just go before silencer. only reason you are advised to fit lambda so far away from turbo is because the heat reduces sensor life.

P

pulsarboby

any pictures Bob, price too?
here you go dan
id of pipe is 3''1/4' down to 2''1/2' with silenced bung fitted pricewise il flog it for £180 delivered
downside to these are that they spit flames which aint very good for outside lane use on motorways lol
noisy on boost but driving off boost no noisier than a goose really, obviously they sound louder when your in the car as noise is in front of you as opposed to behind

ive even got a stock uncut front bumper to go with it so you dont have to muller your new bumper but that will be extra unless you do a deal with another stock bumper

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

is that alot louder than a full 3" system bob?

well with the bung fitted and driven normally on light boost i would say no....its when you slap your foot down on boost that the noise becomes apparent plus as said its right in front of you as opposed to behind so sounds a lot louder

williams

not sure what to do, dan is gunna buy my 3" system and thats really loud, its only got one box in. i was thinking of a front exit but if its going to be too loud for track noise limits might have to go for another full system, maybe centre exit so i can get 2 boxes in.

johnsy

Marc if this 3" system is too loud, ill ask that fella if he can add a box at the rear and exit it from the passenger side, but then maybe a dbkiller bung might work, ill have to read into it!

and get it tested before cadwell on the 20th