front ext exhaust

Gav_Kara

that looks wicked mate did u make it??? i got to get one made asap!! the pics are really helpfull too is it very load?

Dan_GTiR

Gav, yes i made up my exhaust. true 3 inch all the way, cost about £150 in total.

Unfortunately i don't know what it sounds like yet, as the engine isn't running at the moment. Hope to get it running soon though as I miss driving the dam thing.

Dan.

Gav_Kara

Dan_GTiR said:
Gav, yes i made up my exhaust. true 3 inch all the way, cost about £150 in total.

Unfortunately i don't know what it sounds like yet, as the engine isn't running at the moment. Hope to get it running soon though as I miss driving the dam thing.

Dan.
cool mate where did u get the box from and the turbo elbow.. you done a wicked job wont to make me one ha

Dan_GTiR

The elbow is a 200SX one from ebay, the box is a universal box from www.exhaustsuk.com and the pipe is just 3 inch stainless I had lying around.

I ain't gonna make another one, as it was a tw@t to figure out, and get it all to clear everything.

dobby

Ok mate but a question I have is this. Did you need to cut any metal panels in the engine bay to route the exhaust?

Mr GTiR

dobby said:
Did you need to cut any metal panels in the engine bay to route the exhaust?
It should just go under the front chassis leg and clear any metal panels but I'll let Dan confim this.

It would be nice to have one of these but not worth the hassle from the Police and the fact you will be banned from most tracks in the UK for any trackdays.

Dan, very good job you have done there :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dan_GTiR

I did have to cut the inner panel away, if you look at the 2nd last pic, you can see the inner panel i had to cut.

Andy, I know what you mean about track day noise levels. The one near me has a 98db limit and I know for sure that my exhaust is gonna by way louder than that. When I eventually get it up and running, I'll try and make a baffle/bung to put up the exhaust's a$$ and see if it quietens down.

Dan.

mad max

Dan_GTiR said:
I did have to cut the inner panel away, if you look at the 2nd last pic, you can see the inner panel i had to cut.

Andy, I know what you mean about track day noise levels. The one near me has a 98db limit and I know for sure that my exhaust is gonna by way louder than that. When I eventually get it up and running, I'll try and make a baffle/bung to put up the exhaust's a$$ and see if it quietens down.

Dan.
Good luck making the baffle/bung ,i think my one was 105db without the bung and 98db with the bung ,still way to loud .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Could you fold it twice and double the number of boxes to keep the noise down?
Yes, the weight would go up, but not as much as a full system. Plus you can balance it between the two sides, as opposed to it all being on the offside... in fact you could turn it back around so the exit was on the nearside instead.

I'm not an engineer, so I appreciate that it may not be feasible... I was just reading and thought that one more box might be enough to keep the noise in the track (and road) legal limits. Then you could have the best of both worlds.

Gav_Kara

i think its a case of room though mate!!! when i have mine made i having a bolt in silencer with it for track days if i do any and mot ect ect!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah... I was looking at my standard turbo and downpipe when I thought that up, but I appreciate that not everyone could squeeze that in.

Gav_Kara

im still after one of these i got most bits to make one but if anyones got one there not using let me know

Gav_Kara

mines done and fitted, 3inch direct off turbo straight through.. no loader apart from on boost, i,l post pics tomoz just need heat shield and to wrap system and finished... cost £60 in total up to now so god knows where people quote 300-350 for one!! my work mate did mine... the spool up is fantastic and pulls really well....

Trip

mines done and fitted, 3inch direct off turbo straight through.. no loader apart from on boost, i,l post pics tomoz just need heat shield and to wrap system and finished... cost £60 in total up to now so god knows where people quote 300-350 for one!! my work mate did mine... the spool up is fantastic and pulls really well....

you should really ask your work mate, if he wants to earn some extra cash and start making these for us :thumbsup:

Gav_Kara

i,l ask him after xmas cos hes doing one for a stalet ep82 as well!! i got some t28 i think they call fanges lazer cut and welded 3 inch to that then a short bit of pipe to a silencer job done hardest part was clearing alternator.. im running a gt2871r and spool up now is spot on if i running live readings on boost controller it starts to boost up at just over 2grand.....
if hes interested in making loads i,l let u all know!!!