Front exit

A

another sunny

This may sound a little strange but...If i convert my exhaust to a front exit ,exiting through the front bumper(just infront of the wheel) with no silencer etc -it will obviously be very loud. I would then fit my Apexi active tail silencer. Will this reduce the noise level enough to make it legal ish? I am just thinking about the weight savings etc.

A

another sunny

Dont fuel tankers have exhausts in front of the driver? I am sure i have seen GTIR 's on this site with front exits...or am i on a hiding to nothing???

dobby

it is not allowed to have it coming out of the passenger side but the driver side is ok. down under it has to exit behind the door and the side window has to be sealed shut. or so i understood it.

MORF114

same in nz too must exit behind driver and drivers side exiting only, and the exhaust must not be opperated by any means by the driver so have to use boost opertated valves to queiten exhausts, didnt think the uk had any laws on exhaust exit points.

gunmetalgtir

dobby said:
it is not allowed to have it coming out of the passenger side but the driver side is ok. down under it has to exit behind the door and the side window has to be sealed shut. or so i understood it.
Where you getting this from? Any proof? :?

As far as I'm aware there is no legislation to say where an exhaust has to exit on a car.

LOU ROB

My exhaust exits from the driver side, RC have a car that exits on the passenger side. Both cars fully road legal.
The only legistlation my m.o.t tester mentioned is how far the exhaust protrudes out of the body.

gunmetalgtir

LOU ROB said:
My exhaust exits from the driver side, RC have a car that exits on the passenger side. Both cars fully road legal.
The only legistlation my m.o.t tester mentioned is how far the exhaust protrudes out of the body.
I've heard that it can't stick out further than the wing mirrors? Is this what your referring to?

dobby

I just go by what others have said. The reason I said the pasenger side wasnt allowed was beacause of pedestrians but it I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Again about the down under law this was from the mouth of someone living down under.

A

another sunny

Lou Rob and RC, are yours silenced? in the picture (red car) surely there isnt enough room in the front for a silencer, if you havent got a silencer how loud is it? and if i do a similar system do you think my Apexi active tail silecer will work??????

Dooie Pop Pop

MORF114 said:
same in nz too must exit behind driver and drivers side exiting only, and the exhaust must not be opperated by any means by the driver so have to use boost opertated valves to queiten exhausts, didnt think the uk had any laws on exhaust exit points.
true as far as i know.............