Front Exit Exhaust

Smo

Is a bigger system quieter?
I've got a goose, which I presume is 2.5 inch would that be louder than a 3 inch system?
Without silencers (ie, like a decat goose) then no, absolutely not. A 3" system would be louder.

1ad1

So it doesn't really make a differance on noise level, between
2.5 and 3 inch pipe, just what silencers you have in the system.

So a 3 inch system with the right silencers, is the way to go for better flow?

Smo

So it doesn't really make a differance on noise level, between
2.5 and 3 inch pipe, just what silencers you have in the system.

So a 3 inch system with the right silencers, is the way to go for better flow?
Yes mate. A higher bore (such as a 3") will flow considerably more than a 2.5" system such as a 'Goose. Silencers are expensive but are the best way to keep noise down without disturbing flow. A straight 3" system would be seriously loud.

Smo

Which model Evo is that from? What modifications did you need to make?

Also, any chance the exhaust is on it's way bud?

red reading

i had a 3" system (which i made) with a modded 5zigen back silencer only and it was'nt as noisey as a mongoose! mongoose gtir systems are noisey pieces of shit.i'm now building a 3" twin silencer side exit (buy the rear driver side wheel) which should be very quiet 28" of silencer in to total. and it wont rattel on the subframe ever again.

johnsy

including turbo elbow and downpipe crossing over to passenge side rear exit,you'll not get much change from a bag of sand

1ad1

including turbo elbow and downpipe crossing over to passenge side rear exit,you'll not get much change from a bag of sand
Why crossed over to nearside rear exit, when they exit from the offside?
A bag of sand is a reasonable price.