Front bumper guard

has anyone got one i can borrow as i can get these knocked up by my local sheet metal fabricator.i had some mad up a long time ago so wanted get another made for myself.
gtir guard off car.jpg

Ive got one you can borrow. And sump guards.

cost you a repo one in exchange ;)[/

offer has been made before for a proper sump gaurd
red readng have you got all the brackets etc with the engine guard as they need to be made aswell otherwise its not gonna fit and from what i rememeber you wont let it leave you sight which is understandable . may come and pay you a visit at some time with a engineer friend from work who would make some drwings up from the measurements so they are accurate.

vss irvine you are fecking miles from me unless you want to courier it all down to me then will send back with spanking new one to fit.

that offer applies to anyone who will lend me the parts to reproduce another one.

lakeview

ive got one in the garage but ive no brackets for it,even though ive bought stuff off you in the past when you were gtirspares after what seemed to happened to whytie and his spotlight grill.id need some sort reassurance it will be sent back

ive got one in the garage but ive no brackets for it,even though ive bought stuff off you in the past when you were gtirspares after what seemed to happened to whytie and his spotlight grill.id need some sort reassurance it will be sent back
what happened to whytie then ? nothing to do with me.

I'll give you my address and a deposit for it if thats exceptable.

lakeview

no whytie was nowt to do with you he lent his foglight grill to someone who was planning to do all sorts of wide arch moulds ect who then just fucked off and think still has whyties grill.
message me your number and address i can message you a photo of it and if know one else lends you one you can borrow mine

I'd be interested in these! Ive got a bumper guard but I had to butcher it to make it fit around FMIC and a Nismo sumpguard mounting point that had rusted to buggery and couldn't get off, until now as the car is stripped:

Be handy to have a a uncut butchered one! I cant remember where I put the other part of the sumpguard mount, the bar that connects to the wish bone mounts, still got it somewhere..

Gaz

It's all fitted to a car so is all complete and tbh it can be measured up easy as pie.
if your talking about the engine guard from what i have seen on a drawing theres quite a few brackets etc that need making so will need to be accurate.

british rallying thats a couple of the parts i was talking about

Last edited:
Im sure the rear sump guard mounting point is at my mums will have a look tomorrow, I can send them down to you if you want, the front one is kinda rusty, found its been a shit trap the lower cross member part of the car is rusty as well, all sorts of crap was lodged down there, luckily the car bit is salvageable, grind treat paint woohoo!

These parts are for the full sump guard mount:

Im sure I defo have the rear mount still, I ended up making the sump guard my self in 2004, was ace until speed bumps in the area got higher then it just got irritating :-(

So went for a copy bumper guard, but had to modify it to fit...

Gaz

Im sure the rear sump guard mounting point is at my mums will have a look tomorrow, I can send them down to you if you want, the front one is kinda rusty, found its been a shit trap the lower cross member part of the car is rusty as well, all sorts of crap was lodged down there, luckily the car bit is salvageable, grind treat paint woohoo!

These parts are for the full sump guard mount:

Im sure I defo have the rear mount still, I ended up making the sump guard my self in 2004, was ace until speed bumps in the area got higher then it just got irritating :-(

So went for a copy bumper guard, but had to modify it to fit...

Gaz
ok if you could sent them to me that would be great and i will get some nice new ones made up.
will just have to see if i can get to see red reading to get dimensions of the guard .

The front mounting point would potentially be better made out of Aluminum rather than steel, with better drain points in. Really bad moisture trap, but I guess rally cars are made to be strong and not to last years and years.. PM your address, once I know the other bit is at my mums then I'll send them to you.

Gaz

sparkie

Gary/formaly gtir spares/ mr overbooost is very trustworthy & will vouch for him, all be it with traders mentality, good to deal with you & good luck with engine covers etc.

Went to my mums before, ive still got the rear fixing bar, BUT the brackets that mount it to the wishbone mount are missing. Not the end of the world though im shure someone can supply the height of the bracket be easy to fab them. When I removed the sump guard the bar always used to catch speed bumps, its not a low rider by any means, so I ended up removing the bar but left the brackets on the wishbone mount, at some point ive took the brackets off and christ knows where they are now :-(

Thats the s**t trap I was on about, wire brush and treatment should be fine:

My home made sump guard, not the best but did the job at the time:

A sump guard would very nice Gary I'd have one if you get them made.
not sure how much these will cost to make as looks like there will be quite a bit of work involved so would probably have to get a few made to make them affodable to everyone as have no idea how much these are new.

can anyone throw any light on this?

thanks