Fr Mount Intercooler

G

GTIROC_HELPME

Hi, just bought myself a stunning pulsar, the guy before me replaced the intercooler for a front mount. for some reason he took out the windscreen washer bottle to run all the pipe work! due for an mot in a few months so washers need to be working.
does anyone know is this common or has the guy just bodged it up to make it easier for himself and where would i get a particualy small washer bottle to remount somehere else?
thanks in advance! :der:

P

pulsarboby

lol i did the same but managed to buy a wash bag with twin pumps on ebay for a tenner:lol:

thats the quickest and best way out, other than that is run the existing one to the boot, but its not worth buggering around with tbh, washer bags the best solution as rossy above says!

rossdj1983

i think theres a how to on the other site on relocating the orginal bottle to the boot, but id have to agree with the man above its to much dickin around runing all the pipes and wires to and from the back of the car, and buy the time youve bought all the bits to do it, it ant gonna be far off 20 quid anyway.

G

GTIROC_HELPME

PERFECT, thanks guys I'll go with the washer bag, simple but effective.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
took me ten mins to fit the old bottle to the boot, just needed some neoprene hose and a length of flex, and also 2x hose couplers

houghy_1

Mine was already relocated,but i have relocated another owners on here when we front mounted his intercooler.I tidied it up though as below.

This is how ive done mine its down to taste and how neat you want it at the end of the day.
I go for the tidy and oe look as much as possible.

This is off the top of my head so there may be bits ive forgotten but here goes..

1. You need to put a platic L connector to the washer pipes at the front,
joining the pipe that runs from the front washer jets to the original bottle position under the front wing.
That now makes your front pipe for the front washer jets as the pipe already runs through the car for the rear jets.

2. Next snip off the wires a few inches back from the connectors for the washer bottle so you can use this later.

3. Connect a few metres(about 4?? costs peanuts anyway if thats too much) worth of electrical wire properly,
bullet connectors and sleeves? not just twisting the wires together and putting tape over it,
to the ends youve just snipped at the front of the car.

4. Run the wire through the conduits down the sill of the car and through the boot over the top of the seats at the side.

5. Next find where the washer pipe runs from the front up to rear spoiler,under the trim on side behind rear seats.
Cut it here and insert 1 L piece connector into each pipe.This now makes up your front and rear washer pipes.

6.Now run about a foot or so of pipe from the Lconnectors and leave it loose till you position the washer bottle.
You now have the wiring and pipng ready.

7. Locate the original R washer bottle in the rear corner using a couple of L shaped metal brackets to mount it to the side of the boot through an existing hole and one through the boot floor to securely fasten it down(drill this and seal properly).

8. Now join the wiring up with the original connectors using the couple of inches you left to make life easy.

9. Plug the connectors onto the bottle.

10. Connect the pipes up to the bottle.

11.Test the pipes/connectors are on the bottle the right way lol,adjust if neccessary.

............JOB DONE!

clickable thumbnail....

A couple of hours work.;-)

Hope that helps?

Matt