Fitting & Mapping Apexi AVCR/S-AFC1

C

Crazy

I have just been quoted £500 plus VAT to fit and set up/Map both of these Apexi controllers(AVCR & SAFC) from a very well known company which I personally think is expensive :(

Do you guys know of anywhere cheaper or is that a decent price?? :?:

A

Anonymous

Crazy said:
I have just been quoted £500 plus VAT to fit and set up/Map both of these Apexi controllers(AVCR & SAFC) from a very well known company which I personally think is expensive :(

Do you guys know of anywhere cheaper or is that a decent price?? :?:
considering that it`ll probably take an hour or 2 to fit,then an hour or 2 to map and working on about £50-60 an hour,it`s a bit expensive.

Curtis

That's not too bad I paid £370 (to a well known tuner), just to set up my S-AFC as I fitted it and fitted and set up the AVC-R myself.
Sorry I forgot to send you the pictures of my Apexi's at the weekend, I'll try and remember tonight unless someone else has a pic of my install to hand?
When you say that includes fitting, did they say where?
My guess is stuck on top of the dash which I doubt is where your going to leave them anyway...

P

purplemonster

thats not cheap ?

im sure the price gose up when they se expensive nice cars?

thats uk tuners for u

ROB

C

Crazy

Sent an e-mail back to the WELL KNOWN TUNER and was told

hi,

It is 40pounds per hour if you buy the products from us,and 50pounds an hour if you supply the products for us to fit.

I only e-mailed this tuner for an estimate! :?

Where are the best places to try??? :?:

A

Anonymous

Crazy said:
Where are the best places to try??? :?:
it really depends on where you are based :(
you don`t want to drive hundreds of miles,just to save a couple of hours labour,to use just as much in petrol.

C

Crazy

I am in Birmingham if that helps, I do not mind driving 1-2hours to a tuner as long as they are TRUSTWORHTY

P

purplemonster

well i would offer my services to fit them for you ,
but the fuel controller i have no idea how to set it up i think a rolling road tune is needed there

how much would it save you if some one else fitted them and u then went for a rolling road tune?

should work out allot cheaper ?

C

Crazy

A local company that sells Apexi AVCR's has quoted me £50 to fit the AVCR but they said that the Apexi S-AFC needs to be set up on a rolling road :(

Have e-mailed Power Station for a quote, waiting for a response! 8)

P

purplemonster

so u did ?

that aint cheap either ?

he must have done it with welding goggles on and one handed ?
lLOL

ROB

A

Anonymous

Crazy said:
I am in Birmingham if that helps, I do not mind driving 1-2hours to a tuner as long as they are TRUSTWORHTY
1 hr away{approx} you have,dp,rc or hiteq in the north west.
closer than that are thor engineering in coventry but i think they might be a bit expensive.might be worth a call as they are still trying to build up their business.
trustworthy is very subjective :D we`ve all got our horror stories to tell :wink:

C

Crazy

1 hr away{approx} you have,dp,rc or hiteq in the north west

Well it was one of those tuners that quoted me that price at the start!

I will try the other 2 though..............Thanks :wink:

Curtis

Crazy said:
A local company that sells Apexi AVCR's has quoted me £50 to fit the AVCR but they said that the Apexi S-AFC needs to be set up on a rolling road :(

Have e-mailed Power Station for a quote, waiting for a response! 8)
Correct, but you can still get them to fit both and just leave the S-AFC unplugged until you take it to a tuner with a rolling road. That's what I did and £50 to fit it is a bargain as there is a lot that could go wrong if you slipped with the soldering iron...

Davey

50 quid sounds well cheap to fit an avcr, it will take them 1-2 hours to do. Havent fitted an safc, but would'nt think it would be to much harder than an avcr?
How long does it take to set up an safc, if they're charging 50quid an hour, surely it would'nt take more than 2-3 hours, and there is virtually no setting up to do with an avcr, you just set the duty, and it does it itself.
I would say fit them both yourself, and take it somewhere decent to map it

BTW, last time i spoke to powerstation they didnt want anything to do with apexi stuff, called it a load of crap!

M

memski

lol @ PS, I remember calling them up after I fitted my safc, they didn't know how to set it up and said they would "press a few buttons" and "mess about with it to get it working" :?

A

Anonymous

lol @ memski
they`ll tell everyone apexi is crap cause they want to sell you 2.5k worth of motec.wonder how much of that is profit :shock: :shock:

davey-bit more to setting up an avc-r than adjusting duty.

R

rsnissan

£500 :shock: i am in the wrong business. they are a peice of piss to fit...............just leave the safc set to 0 till u get It RR'd job done

ex-gtir

as andy says set the s afc to the stated figure in the book i think its either 5 in 5 out or 3 in 3 out getting old bad memory i normally charge £150 to fit avcr and s afc and fuel pump and set up but as stated you really need a rr to st up properly
mike
s afc is far easier ti fit than avcr and the rsm is even easier but id advise not to use the sh1t slicers that come withe the kit best to strip the wire and slice solder to ecu loom and when locateing the solinoid and pressure switch for avcr in engine bay keep pipe runs short as you can
:wink:

C

Crazy

i normally charge £150 to fit avcr and s afc and fuel pump and set up
:shock: :shock:

Now that sounds like a good price! :wink:

Where abouts are you Ex-GTiR