Fitting Intercooler Issues

warringtonjack

Hello lads.

Fitted my 2fast2cool intercooler today, which is similar to the hybrid kit. I'm having a couple of fitting issues. :( The washer bottle has been moved to the boot without any problems. The oil separator has had to be ditched cos it got in the way, but no great problems there. :thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/warringtonjack/The R album/IC11.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/warringtonjack/The R album/IC12.jpg

It seems as though the intercooler is extremely close to the vertical bracket in the centre that holds the horns in place. I need to know if this bracket can be ditched and the horns placed elsewhere??? Also, if the bracket is in the way, you can imagine what the power steering cooling pipes are like!! Temporarily, ive moved them behind the horn bracket, but i wanna know if I can ditch these cooling pipes and just re-plumb the power steering pipes in the engine bay? :?

I know a lot of people have fitted these and hybrid kits, so i'm guessing that a lot of people have come across these issues previously. What did you lot do around this area??

Comments gratefully received!! :D

Gray

it looks exactly like the hybrid one
I never had any problems with the power steering pipes or the horn bar
you just need to mount it further forward
I had to make the lip of the top of the bumper bar flat with a grinder so i could mount it further forward

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If you follow the power steering cooler from the cooler back to the reseviour you will find that the pipe has a rubber pipe conection in it, just as it enters the engine bay. Remove the cooler from here and use a 6 - 7 length of anti kink pipe to connect the 2 ends together.

Paul20

i wouldnt reccomend ditching the vertical bit of bar because it keeps the bonnet latch secure. i just bent the sides of it flat so the intercooler would fit those vital few mm further back

GtiR`BoD

got the same kit yea it is extremely close to the steering lines you should have recieved a vertical bar with two smaller bars in the kit this is so you can remove the present vertical bar+ horns(which juts forward) and replace with the new parts which are flush and help the cooler sit in the bumper another 3/4 inch or so! remove the lines as steve says and your spot on mate, hope that helps!

Carl

warringtonjack

Cheers fellas, all spot on and very helpful! :) Now, I just hope the weather stays dry, otherwise i'll have to spend the weekend drinking in the pub! :D