Fitting bigger turbo

icecool70

Just wondering if anyone new what size hoses i would need to fit my gt3071r with the 2.75 inlet? need one from the inlet to the standard plastic pipe with air filter on and one to fit from the turbo to the intercooler pipe. i have a blitz intercooler. thanks

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
need one from the inlet to the standard plastic pipe with air filter on and one to fit from the turbo to the intercooler pipe. i have a blitz intercooler. thanks
For standard plastic pipe do you mean the MAF or the OE pipe from the standard MAF to turbo that is too small and needs to be binned? I'm assuming you're changing the MAF? For the Turbo to intercooler I guess you mean a front mount in which case you might need something making up.

icecool70

Yes sorry its the oe pipe from the standard maff back to the turbo. ive no plans to change the maf at the moment maybe at a later piont in time tho. also yes its a front mount intercooler. sorry didnt explain very well did i lol

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
standard MAF with a 3071 :shock:

I take it this is whilst you run the engine in or something?

If that's the case then any old hose and gaffer tape will do on the intake side :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Does a Mines support the Z32? I thought it expected a standard one, but I'll admit I'm not that familiar with what each after-market product can do.

PS I deleted your duplicate post icecool.

icecool70

Thanks for deleting it, was wondering how you did that.
As for the mines im not sure on that one either but it wouldnt be a problem changing it for a standard ecu. one thing i do have that might come in handy that ive had laying around for some months now is an apexi saf2 which should come in usefull

gtir_pimp

what power you after?if youre going for big power you will need bigger injectors aswell as z32 and then you will definately need it mapped. but dont fit the injectors and z32 until the mapping is being done. dont think you can run either on the mines and not on standard ecu unless youe having standard ecu mapped. fusion ed is the man that knows

icecool70

Im not after big power want to keep it fairly reliable to be honest for the moment but maybe in the future go for bigger power. with the 3071 fitted i have the option to do that