Fitting and setting up Apexi AVC-r properly. Advice needed!

M

markgt

My friend has just fitted an Apexi AVC-R to his pulsar GTIR. it is not reading the rpm or sol. Also, we really need help on what everything means and wot we need to set everything up to. any information, diagrams and help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance. mark.

Keira

If you've wired the avcr to show duty of injectors you will not get rpm and vice versa.

The manuals are all online at ..

http://www.apexi-usa.com/

click the thumbnail of the electronic gizmo, choose avcr then product documentation and all the manuals will appear as if by magic

M

markgt

yeah, we have got the manuals but it doesnt give u enough info. thats y we are confused, says about all this duty and stuff, we dont know wot it all is...

Keira

Dont take this the wrong way but maybe you shouldn't be trying to fit it yourselves if you dont know what any of it means :wink:

M

markgt

i am from bookham in surrey. any help would b great. cheers.

M

markgt

i am from bookham in surrey. any help would b great. cheers.

Davey

tbh m8, the manuals are pretty crap, they sort of tell you what to do, but not why you have to do it.
If you've wired it right, it should show rpm's, make sure you are on the correct wires, i think keiron may be right about the solenoid/rpm thing though.
Basically, duty controls how much your solenoid opens (ie how much your wastegate is open). I think its something to do with how many times it opens per second, but thats not important :?
All you have to do is tell the avcr how much boost you want to run (ie 1 bar).
Then you tell it how much duty it will need to use to run the boost you want (ive never understood why it cant work it out for itself).
The unit will then self learn, (instead of a duty setting, you will get 3 stars)and adust the duty slightly to make the boost level match what you want it to.
There are other things you have to set (ie what type of thottle, how many cylinders etc, but the manual tells you all that, make sure you set the boost sensor to the right type, or you will not be running the correct boost).
Any more probs, let us know :wink:

M

markgt

cheers mate, nice one, very helpful. the rpm parameter doesnt work... the wire is in the correct place, i have checked myself. and is a bar 1.00 on the kg/cm reading? we set the duty to about 48% and it was hittin 1.00 bang on pretty much on peak in every gear, does that sound right?

K

KRS

Anyone ever wired a switch in so you can configure it to show both RPM and Injector Duty, or soenoid? I forget witch one it is that you cant have with RPM's

Im gonna attempt to do this, I almost had it finished today but I got lazy :lol:

Davey

KRS, i thought about doing that, but really couldnt be bothered, cos im lazy, good idea though, let us know how you get on.

Davey

KRS, i thought about doing that, but really couldnt be bothered, cos im lazy, good idea though, let us know how you get on.

K

KRS

Finished installing it just now, Ive connected to the injector for now. Im worryed that changing over to the revs while AVCR is on may effect it in some way so im gonna make a circuit to cut the power from the AVCR before it switches over.

How many of you who installed the AVCR, connected the ground as explained in the manuel? It says to connect a diffrent points on the same ground cable, But for all my knowlegde of electronics I still cant come up with a reason why :?

Some stupid long shots, like potential diffrence between the line outs, but over that distance I cant see it making any diffrence.... I did it anyway though :lol:

I let you know how the switching goes, and ill knock up a circuit diagram if anyone wants for how to cut AVCR power while switching takes place. Only after I have it working right though ;)

M

markgt

we still cant seem to get the RPM working on the AVCR. Everyone who has one fitted, is the diagram u r followin, N3a? my mates gtir is an H reg so would this make any difference? he has wired it up to how N3a in the manual says it should b wired, fast help would b appreciated. thanks. mark

K

KRS

You sure you have connected to the RPM, instead of the Injector Duty?

If you have, all I can suggest is that you check the wiring is all good, including the AVCR loom and connector.