FC Tuning

R

riske

I have recently been looking for a suitable place to get my car properly set and mapped. Pulsarbob recommended Steve:

FCTUNING
engine management tuning solutions

http://www.fctuning.com
steve@fctuning.com

From day one he offered genuine advice and information. He really knows his stuff and advised me what the best route would be. I went to meet him @ Motorworx last night (really good quality 4x4 dyno). He was set to work on mapping my current Dastek Unichip and to see how my R was running.

Now my R has obvious power gains, petrol economy has increased and throttle response is sharp, and to think, this is only with the little work he did with the Dastek unichip. I can’t wait for the fully reprogrammable ECU in a few months, where Steve can work his magic again with far greater gains. I would recommend him to anyone that would want the best from their cars. Cheers Steve! :-D

Honestly guys check this guy out. I will post pictures up of my powergraph soon!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

gtir_pimp

how much is it going to cost you with his mapping and roller time? i use motorworx and its £80 for the first hour and £60 per hour after. but what does steve charge per hour or on price? so which ecu are you getting mapped in a few months? power figures?

gtirjoey

riske said:
I have recently been looking for a suitable place to get my car properly set and mapped. Pulsarbob recommended Steve:

FCTUNING
engine management tuning solutions

http://www.fctuning.com
steve@fctuning.com

From day one he offered genuine advice and information. He really knows his stuff and advised me what the best route would be. I went to meet him @ Motorworx last night (really good quality 4x4 dyno). He was set to work on mapping my current Dastek Unichip and to see how my R was running.

Now my R has obvious power gains, petrol economy has increased and throttle response is sharp, and to think, this is only with the little work he did with the Dastek unichip. I can’t wait for the fully reprogrammable ECU in a few months, where Steve can work his magic again with far greater gains. I would recommend him to anyone that would want the best from their cars. Cheers Steve! :-D

Honestly guys check this guy out. I will post pictures up of my powergraph soon!:thumbsup:
i will double that he is a legend really nice guy

P

pulsarboby

glad he sorted it for you caner, told you he was good:-D
a lot of people hate and slate tuners (and in many cases deservedly so) but this guy is a great bloke who really knows his stuff!
and what i like about him is that he explains everything hes doing and will not leave your car untill hes 100% happy with the way its running. and he sticks just to tuning which is what he enjoys doing, hes not interested in gaining any other jobs from you which bodes well in my book!

just remember one thing caner....you have a standard engine in your car, more powers all very nice but in time you WILL pay the price for it;-) im sure you know what i mean!

pulsar350R

fair play ave heard they are good to but no disrespect...

but i took my R to ed at fusion motorsport all i can say it was a very well deserved 212miles trip down their and back in one piece, with a good result to top it off.

GTIR-LOZ

yeah steve is a nice bloke he charges 60 for the hour on the rolling road and i paid 300 for his services when i had mine done, that included the road tune up there the rolling road and the tune on the way back, it was me with you there the other night caner

i have heard bad things about fusion ed, whether they are justified or not, but i have never heard a bad word about this guy

R

riske

He is based in Enfield, North London but he uses the 4x4 dyno at Motorworx in Slough. Yeah he goes through everything and gives you hints and tips on how to get the best from your car. Hey Loz how you doin? Very nice car dude! Very fast! Got any feedback from your car?

Well lets say his prices are hard to beat and are around half the price of going elsewhere! I paid £60 for the rolling road which goes straight to Motorworx (Steve gets the hour for £60)

In the future i'm going to get the ECU off of him and then hes going to do what he did with GTIR-LOZ:
Road tune on the way there
Hour on rolling road tuning and mapping
Road tune on the way back

Well worth it! Lovin the stickers as well!

GTIR-LOZ

agreed ed, but he has done a fair few himself!!

im sure you are a very good mapper and you have helped me out a bit too!

any way back to topic

caner it does seem alot quicker! just need to uprate the ignition system now and alls good, i nearly run out of fuel on the way back though, couldnt resist the wrx that wanted to play!!

R

riske

lol. bet u pissed all over him!!!! Look forward to seeing it again @ this months southeast meet??

GTIR-LOZ

yeah he was lagging a bit!, prob wont go to the meet to be honest as i need to get the ignition sorted as it missfires occasionally on high boost as the spark is being blown out maybe next year! when its got some paint on it lol

gtirjoey

GTIR-LOZ said:
yeah he was lagging a bit!, prob wont go to the meet to be honest as i need to get the ignition sorted as it missfires occasionally on high boost as the spark is being blown out maybe next year! when its got some paint on it lol
what power you making mate?

GTIR-LOZ

maybe the coil is on its last legs then it must be as old as the car! still ive managed to get a new uprated coil and amplifier for not too bad a price

S

steve_fctuning

glad your happy. its been a while since i had a look in as im pretty busy, but just wanted to say hello. how was the drive home?? theres plenty more there

all depends on how far you want to go..

SR blocks can take alot when tuned correctly, but then when you've been working with them for nearly 11 years you tend to work out what the weaknesses are...

S

steve_fctuning

this also shows how strong the stock SR engine is really. here's a car i had to set up for BDC (British Drift Championship) one of many. this one sports a 3076 with the 0.86 housing at 1.92bar. The only thing that was limiting me to 500 was the damn fuel pressure reg (on closer inspection) and the engine could have may be done with a bigger fuel pump instead of the walbro, ( i tend to favour the bosch 044, or use the walbro to feed to the bosch to take the strain of the walbro)

im sure you'll all be impressed.. (oh, stock ignition , 10 cracks in the cylinder head, and 2nd hand piston rings, the chaps a bit of a hardcore cowboy. and yes... its still going, and has done 7 rounds of BDC this year. Should be interesting when he fits his stroker kit)

Last edited by a moderator: