FAO Willwood owners, re squealing and grinding

GTIR-LOZ

yeah your right j i did 5000 miles on mine and the discs were fooked but the pads had only about half a milimeterl of wear on them

coxie

:p the green stuff pads that we were on about on page 1(me/ashills) are now in stock at rally designs as they rang me today. :D .

ps...ashills-i am definately getting a set for free should have them next couple of days. 8)

A

AZ STE

In the demon tweeks motorsport catalogue there are a few different makes of pads that fit our Willwoods .Wouldnt get EBC there rubbish

Mr GTiR

I was talking to another R driver the other day who also got some calipers on the Willwood group buy and have found out something very interesting.

After a few hundred miles of bedding we both went and hammered our break until they started smoking. I did mine on a private air filed filming for Men & Motors and the other set was done on the way to work. I did not know the other owner had done this and have only found out by accident. I thought had killed my pads as a lot of white smoke came off them and the smell was really really bad! I read this somewhere as it gives the pads a final bedding in. May i point out that this was somthing not suggested by Rally Design.

I don't know if has any relevance but both mine and the other's lads breaks do not squeal. I have the 310mm kit and the other lad has the 285mm kit.

Like i said it's just somthing that come up in conversation. Also, if you read the box that the calipers came in it states that the break kits for NOT for road use and are racing breaks!!

Anyone got thoughts on this :?:

bengilmore

I havent even fitted mine yet cause its still off the road for the last 15 months :shock: , although will hopefully have it back in the next week or so :twisted:

Hopefully mine wont squel if i put loads of copper grease on and grind the edges of the pads down a little

Any other tips before i fit them :?

Keira

yes.

make sure you put the lines on the right way round when you fit them into the caliper or everyone you ring to ask why the fook brake fluid is squirting everywhere will think you are a tw@t :oops: :lol:

and cut the stone gaurds off before fitting the disks :oops: :roll: