exhaust decision

nismoboy

I currently have a 3inch front pipe, mongoose de-cat box and mongoose middle and rear sections all the mongoose parts are 2.5 inch. I was thinking of removing the mongoose de-cat box and fitting and straight through 3inch de-cat pipe. What do u reccon :?: is it worth doing any feed back would be much appreciated.nis.

J

jiw

i fitted a 3" de-cat pipe with my standard turbo back goose and it was stupidly loud, really annoyed people :twisted:

Dooie Pop Pop

id have thought that would just move the restriction back a bit and fitting the straight through de-cat pipe would only make it louder. if your worried about it that is :twisted: my 3.5 inch tail pipe should be here by sat hopefully but im using the supplied baffled janspeed decat. the prototype exhaust put out 108db at 3000ish rpm :shock: :lol: i think that was with straight decat.

hope that helps, stu

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've got one of those 3" Janspeed front pipes as well, I'm going to stick with just the 3" front pipe connected to the standard 2.5" goose rear. There was a right up in one of the Australian performance mags a year or so ago, they were basically testing various exhaust sizes on the GTiR.

It was a very extensive test and they tried all sorts of shapes and sizes, the one that produced slightly less bhp but significantly more midrange torque was a 3" single dump/front pipe combo conected to the rear section of a standard Goose.

And seeing as torque is the name of the game, I know what I,m going to do :wink: I't the cheaper option to :wink:

skiddusmarkus

That's what I've got too Steve.The mongoose exhaust after the decat to the tailpipe is fairly straight so will flow better than the mongoose downpipe.

The 3" decat does make it louder,but if you're not fussed about noise then I have one for sale.