everyones favorite SHIMS !!!

cojack

ok i am being told all kinds of things about these little babys. done a search no help.
Car is striped cams are out. What i would like to no is the correct info if possible.

1 rocker arm open 2 valves. so the 2 shims under that. there are 1 with a cut in and the other is flat. some ppl say the 1 with the cut in is just a guide and the flat 1 is the shim. and other ppl say there both shims
who is right.
if it is a guide do they come as a pack of 2 to set the 2 valves off the 1 rocker arm.

also how much are they going to set me back and where else can i get them from other than nissan as they take forever going from what i read in the search.

Thank for reading but please help lol :D

M

Mr Overboooost

speak to ian at hitech he is the man to talk to

cheers
gary

cojack

i thought they both were shims or how could you get a correct valve clerance.
snap on comes tomorrow i will see if hes got a digital micrometer that will fit in. that wont be cheap thou. :shock:

cheers i will give that ian guy a bell tomorrow :D

just been reading on my c.d does the hydraulic lash adjuster trick work. when you put a small rod down the center to push the little ball down to get rid of all the air :?: :?

MarkTurbo

MarkTurbo said:
They are both shims :wink:
But............ According to the manual the one with the slot in is called a rocker arm guide and the other is called a shim.

As far as i'm concerned both of them are available in different sizes to get the correct valve clearance so they are both shims really :lol:

A

ard1ey

I'll guarantee the hydraulic lash adjuster trick won't work, you don't have any on the 'R mate :D . Its all solid stuff which is why the shim clearance is so important to get right.

Were you looking at the SR20DE section by any chance :?:

G

GTIROC_HELPME

gtir.spares said:
speak to ian at hitech he is the man to talk to

cheers
gary
Not to sound prude but it's Ian at HITEQ n he does know his shims very well!