Engine re-build time

Right i just phoned the guy and he said he would charge £25 per cylinder, so £100 for a full re-bore and hone......sounds good to me. Mind you when i mentioned the engine and what car it was he said that he wasnt sure if he could rebore it as it might need a plate bolting to side of engine?
I have heard this before on here though i think? Isnt it something to do with when the gearbox is bolted up it distorts the block slightly? so during a re-bore something needs to replicate the gear box?
Cheers.

How much could I get for the car if sold it as it is? with the engine knocking?
Body work, arches and under the car is fine, no rust at all?
cheers

Smo

I sold mine with confirmed bottom-end knock and a rusty lower driver's rear arch for £1400. Perhaps you could manage £1600? It would be shame to give up now James - why the change of heart? I'm more than happy to help you build her up if it's a time issue.

I sold mine with confirmed bottom-end knock and a rusty lower driver's rear arch for £1400. Perhaps you could manage £1600? It would be shame to give up now James - why the change of heart? I'm more than happy to help you build her up if it's a time issue.
Your right chap, i can't give up lol. I have found a garage to rent now, so just waiting for m8ey to let me know when it is ready. Soon as it's in there ican begin working on it 8)

Smo

Private garage? As in, room-for-one-car-attached-to-a-house?

Great news though!

Nah it's a mate of mine who has a big double garage. He already has his car in there at the moment but can easily fit mine in too. Has electric and water aswell which is handy.
Got quite a few plans for her, so im expecting it to be off the road for quite a while until i can afford all the bits for it.