engine noise ????????

A

alfyboy

had the R MOTd the other day, (passed of course) but driving it out of the garage i noticed the engine was pinking badly. It only seems to do it when the engine is really hot 90 to 110 degres. Ive just changed the plugs to platinum ones and it seems to have helped but its still happening on light throttle any ideas guys :?

A

alfyboy

i have never noticed it before radio has been too loud. Wot is the timing setting so i can check. Sorry for the delay but having mega PC probs

S

stomski

at a guess id say the garage who did the MOT took it out and ragged the titties off it :wink: :roll:

take it back saying ur not happy and that the car didnt make 'this' noise when you bought it in :wink:

if they get funny about it, mention 'watchdog' 'local paper' and oh yeah..my mates a lawyer

problem solved :wink: :wink: :D

A

alfyboy

it was a mate that MOTd it and i know he didnt rag it.
He did mention that the emisions were too high but he wasnt bothered and gave me the MOT :D .
Do you think it might be running too rich :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
alfyboy said:
had the R MOTd the other day, (passed of course) but driving it out of the garage i noticed the engine was pinking badly. It only seems to do it when the engine is really hot 90 to 110 degres. Ive just changed the plugs to platinum ones and it seems to have helped but its still happening on light throttle any ideas guys :?

Don't think it should be running that hot...

On the Motorway i get between 60deg to 77deg... Normal driving in the city should see between 75 to 85...

Check the cooland level in your Rad... If its low it will cause your engine to run hot and may start to cause some Det...

Rishi

A

alfyboy

the coolant level is ok. it only gets that hot if its been sitting on idle for a while, such as stuck in traffic. normal driving it seems ok.
Does anyone konw the ignition setting please so i can get them checked

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
20deg as standard...

You might want to drop it to 18/19 for UK Fuel...