engine dress up

A

ali1710

hi am looking to tidy up a few bits,what can you do with the maifold heat shield,could it be powder coated?or would the heat effect it?thanks

Mr GTiR

Get it chromed and it will be fine. If you get it powered coated then it will melt.

Here is a picture of mine before i added an EGT.

A

ali1710

theres mines the way it sits,but want the heat sheild looking good,think i ll chrome it,thanks

A

ali1710

unfortunately i sheered a bolt trying to get it off,whats the easiest way to get the bolts out,drill thm?

Keira

ali1710 said:
urghhhhhhhhhh.

attack of the hideous hot side pipe runs, cant help myself, everytime i see that kit i want to vomit.

not aimed at you ali, but who ever made that kit should get a slap for designing the pipe run that badly.

pulsar350R

Mr GTiR said:
Get it chromed and it will be fine. If you get it powered coated then it will melt.

Here is a picture of mine before i added an EGT.

mrgtir your engine bay is looking very sweet/clean top job.:thumbsup: i wish mine was as shiney as that.:cry:

Keira

not sure if you can by looking at the pics, as the rad cap is probably in the way but i'd make up a new hotside pipe that comes off the turbo and straight to intercooler inlet, without going up over the manifold like that