Electric windows!

J

Jonny H

hi all, my electric windows arent working, i new this when i picked her up but havent had a chance to take the door cards off yet to have a look as the weathers been really sh*tty. has this happened to anyone else and is it fairly easy to fix? cheers
Jon :)

A

andy n

you can try taking the switch on the drivers door apart and see if its the little black pins. but i reckon youll end up replacing the unit. its hideously expensive from nissan but if you can find one in a scrappy then sorted.
if you find 2 get one for me as well :D :D :D i've been driving round in a sauna all summer.

J

Jonny H

:lol: im guessing your having similar troubles then! :lol: i'll see what i can do matey! :wink:
cheers
Jon

A

Az

Make it 3 mate :lol:

Driving home last night and my bloody window just decided to wind itself up :shock: Then the controls didn't work for a bit, then they did :? The window itself is very loose and when half down you can almost pull the glass out of it :shock: :lol:

Gonna rip apart the door at some point and have a look inside, probably a catch or something thats snapped. :roll:

JIMMYBACK

Az said:
Make it 3 mate :lol:

Driving home last night and my bloody window just decided to wind itself up :shock: Then the controls didn't work for a bit, then they did :? The window itself is very loose and when half down you can almost pull the glass out of it :shock: :lol:

Gonna rip apart the door at some point and have a look inside, probably a catch or something thats snapped. :roll:
nah the plastic pulley the cables attached to the window would of given way just like mine :oops:

T

Tart

my passenger one is knacked and makes a grindy noise when u try to use it........... no movement!!!!

wot is it wiv these cars and windows......... bloody hell.................

J

Jonny H

well.......... :roll: took the door card off today to find 2 connectors not plugged in! :oops: problem solved for the drivers side window + central locking however passenger window is knackered! no sound or movement what so ever! Grrrr :(

J

Japmonster

Have u made sure the passenger window lock button isn't pressed in?!! (just a thought! lol)
I need a window switch as well!!!!!

J

Jonny H

Have u made sure the passenger window lock button isn't pressed in?!! (just a thought! lol)
I need a window switch as well!!!!!
:lol:

first thing i checked :roll: :lol:

fil_gtir

My electric windows went due to knackered switch, took it apart, saw corrosion on circuit board, a mate cleaned it and resoldered it, works perfect for 2 years now.

My advise is to try and fix it, it took about 3 minutes to fix mine.

Phil

D

daBOODA

I'm not sure but I think the normal N14 unit works too.

My window problem is bizarro ... first the passenger side window wouldn't wind down using the driver's side panel. Then you could wind it down with the driver's panel but not up. Now it doesn't wind down at all using either passenger's or driver's panel ...

Stupid Crap ...

So the door cards and kick panels will come out and I'll have to play with all the connectors. I have auto wind up when you lock the car too so that might be the cause. Once I unplugged the driver's side unit and the window just wound up. So that's probably what's happened with the passenger side window.

Jon Olds

Complete elec system

Both door motors, the mechanism are being stripped out of my rally car build in the next week. Ive sold the drivers switch already. Everything else worked fine prior to the build. PM me with your needs.

A

Az

My fucking windows are well up the creek!!!!!

Car had dead battery other morning, numped fine, but the passanger window kept clonking like it was going down a tad and then going back up, about every 30secs. Stupid piece of crud!!!

Driver side windows don't work at all either, so ripped both doors apart, fiddled with connections but nothing sorted. Now have to manually lock passanger door.

Probably gonna have to take it to Nissan coz I got no idea what bloody thing needs changing, just bloody stupid coz I already spend over £1000 getting cluch and 5th gear sorted :cry:

A

Az

Bastard windows, here's pics of the wiring, anything look untoward?

:?:

I've taken off drivers side main unit and checked the board, looks clean and solders are ok, given it a bloody good clean though was very dusty, am gonna what it back on later on and hope it's worked.

A

Az

Ok found what I think (hope) could be the problem.

I've got a TOAD alarm system fitted, and there is a small unit in the driver's footwell to the right that holds a Window Power Module. This was really grubby and full of water.

Have ordered a new one, £50 :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: and I really hope it fixes my windows.

A

Az

Managed to FIX mine at lunchtime 8) 8) :D

The part came this morning, put it on and bingo, windows work now :)

Here's pics of my duff bits in case anyone wonders...

Replaced that knackered, water damaged board with a new one and she works. I'm gonna seal everything all up before I put it all back properly so the same thing won't happen again.

Cheers

K

KrissJ

:lol: :lol: Bloody windows. I've got a problem n all but not like yours. They both go up and down fine but the drivers side gets up 1/2 way then tilts a bit and goes SOOO slowly and makes grinding noises when its dry.

When it gets to the top I have to press up-down-up-down a few times to get it up properly. I think its just come off 1 of its runners but the whole window is scrsatched now!

I have to wind my window down to listen at the turn out from my house and it can be ratherwet inside the car by the time the window gets back up when its raining!

Theres another problem for ya :roll:

jonesgti_r

Got the tilting problem on my passenger side.
Had the door card off today but everything looks ok so bit of lube on the runners see if that sorts it out

J

Japmonster

My drivers window tilts and goes up very slowly but if i have just washed the car or it has been raining, no problems, it goes up fine. nice and quick and smoothly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the switch is knackered, had to wire in another switch crudely so i can open just the drivers window! Why do nissan charge £155 for a new switch? Surely if its a common fault they should make it a bit cheaper to replace the switch!