ECU PAS pressure switch?

danr

Is this display on ecutalk, scantech etc? Gonna search now, but if anyone knows...
And, if you do know, im guessing the switch is on (closed, 1), when pressure is built up and open (no signal), when low...??????????

geoff pine

I don't think this function is available from the gtir ecu ???? If it is it's some thing I have never noticed :lol: :doh:

Jon Olds

thought i would be clever with the rally car and put a switch on the dash as a fast idle input driving this. didnt seem to make any difference....

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It might simply be that it doesn't really have much effect on the GTiR. - Maybe it's a legacy function from the standard N14 Pulsar?

If I read that right it's only telling the ECU that you are steering or you aren't​; does the Z32 have an electric PAS pump? It would make a bit more sense to turn the pump on when it detects steering input if it was electric; or I guess disengage a clutch like the air con compressor does. - "Solenoid" does suggest it's just a valve that opens (for the mechanical pump which is always running) when it thinks you're steering rather than a function to increase the base idle speed.

Jon Olds

I could see the input changing state inside the ECU, but presumed the software wasnt implemented. It would work now anyway as I have ditched all the tickover control plumbing....(real good mod)

stumo

It might simply be that it doesn't really have much effect on the GTiR. - Maybe it's a legacy function from the standard N14 Pulsar?

If I read that right it's only telling the ECU that you are steering or you aren't​; does the Z32 have an electric PAS pump? It would make a bit more sense to turn the pump on when it detects steering input if it was electric; or I guess disengage a clutch like the air con compressor does. - "Solenoid" does suggest it's just a valve that opens (for the mechanical pump which is always running) when it thinks you're steering rather than a function to increase the base idle speed.
George, the pump works all the time. the switch senses pressure (when you turn the wheel) and increases idle by allowing more air into the engine via the idle control stuff. (same as the A/C switching on)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So to solve danr's problem, he could just disconnect the idle control stuff and the ECU can't open the solenoid in increase the idle?