ECU choice

Fusion Ed

Yes. actually anything external to the ECU would work as it did before, it just should not really be necessary.

Fusion Ed

steve963 said:
mine runs rich (less than 10 AFR on full boost) at 1.2 bar on std everything, probably get bore wash though:doh:
You'll be ok, although its not very efficient. The reason it happens is because of the standard map (values are approx calculated AFR):

As you wind up the boost you go further right (and up for rpm) from where you would be otherwise, this is a very rich area, and on stock(ish) cars will get quite a rich top end fuel curve.

P

pulsarboby

Originally Posted by steve963
mine runs rich (less than 10 AFR on full boost) at 1.2 bar on std everything, probably get bore wash though:doh:

very bad steve, youll end up with pistons like i did if you aint carefull, best to take it in somewhere reputable to get mapped before any irretreavable damage occurs;-)

ashills

hahaha here we go again u pm'd him bobby to worn him away from ed aswell lol

ive checked fuelling on loads of cossies and they have been fuelling 9-10 on boost for years with no issues and ran one of my evo engines at 9-10 for a while even at a fair amount of boost with no problems infact its still going now 2 years on in a rally car
but for sake of saving some fuel get it sorted

Braveheart

Micra Ed said:
Yes. actually anything external to the ECU would work as it did before, it just should not really be necessary.
Interesting!
The reason that I ask is that I was going down the route of slight mods and an SAFC originaly. Now however I have taken a bigger step and plan to change turbo (GT2871r), larger injectors, z32 induction etc so bought an E-manage Ultimate with pressure sensor.

Maybe I could simplify this by getting the standard ECU mapped, monitor it using a wideband A/F gauge and correct things if need be using SAFC.

marcymarc

Braveheart said:
Maybe I could simplify this by getting the standard ECU mapped, monitor it using a wideband A/F gauge and correct things if need be using SAFC.
I think that was more or less stated on page one :lol:

marcymarc

Braveheart said:
Yes it was..... By me. :doh:
I'm going around in circles now. :shock:

I wouldnt worry mate, i think we all do a bit of the going round in circles business with these bloody cars :lol:

marcymarc

Braveheart said:
You have to look at the options.... have a couple of beers then look again....:doh: ;-)

Theres only so many times you can look at the options mate, i think its just an excuse to have a couple more beers :lol:

marcymarc

What did people think when you got out of your pulsar with that big piece of cardboard and a milk crate?? lol

Fusion Ed

lolol :)

Braveheart, any of the ides what you have said should work, the S-AFC appeals the least to me since it alters ignition timing as a result of playing with the airflow values to correct the AFR.

Braveheart

Initually, with my limited mods, I bought an SAFC.
As my collection of mods mounted up, I bought the Ultimate with pressure sensor as I understand it can be mapped in three dimentions.
In the last 6 months, there has been more and more talk of mapping the standard ECU which was not really on the table (I did not consider it) when I was planing my approach.
Anyway, I'm no expert and unless I just choose one and stick to a plan I will continue chasing my tail....:oops: :doh: I also need to find a tunner in the **** end of nowhere. ;-)

Fusion Ed

well for a start then it will be easier for you to get the ultimate done, you can also have a go yourself with guidance. thats not really an option with ecu, I have base maps to get you going.

Braveheart

Micra Ed said:
well for a start then it will be easier for you to get the ultimate done, you can also have a go yourself with guidance. thats not really an option with ecu, I have base maps to get you going.
That will be that then..... I'll use the ultimate and put every other option out of my head.
Thanks for the offer of a base map Ed, I may take you up on that and send you the final spec then the cars ready. :thumbsup:
I will source a tuner but the base map should allow me to move the car on it's wheels.

BTW, as you have wired these in, if there any deviation to the supplied schematic in the installation manual?

Cheers.
Scott.

P

pulsarboby

ashills said:
hahaha here we go again u pm'd him bobby to worn him away from ed aswell lol

haha, nope wrong, ask him yourself!
people already know what i think of him now, and anyone doesnt know or dont listen then they deserve to get there fingers burnt.