ECU choice

M

Mikey4

Hey guys, new to the club. I have a '94 gtir runnin with only a few minor mods....induction kit, front mounted intercooler, b.o.v, full exhaust system with de-cat including manifold. I'm looking at ECU's so i can fit fuel pump, injectors and a boost controller (using standard turbo) but i am recomended so many, then others say stay away from them. Any ideas, recomendations would be much appreciated

MINESGTIR

MINES ECU will be good for that set up. it does the ignition map too so itll be a complete set up.. most are mapped to 1.0 to 1.1 bar with excellent results...

or Apexi piggyback AVCR or Greddy EManage will set up all that correctly with the right person...
a company in horsham (i think) have re-mapped the standard ECU with very positive results.... im sure the above will be suitable for you

Jonesy

Sorry to hijack your thread bud, but it seemed like a suitable title and the answers may help you anyway.
I've bought a re-mappable standard ecu and wondering if it will be worth getting it remapped for my current set up normal mods to run 1.2 bar and also a set of cams or to wait and get it re-mapped after a forge rebuild and different turbo etc but this wouldnt be in the near future. Ive been quoted £400 for a remap thats why im asking.

Braveheart

With your setup and planned mods, you may not even need to piggy back or replace the OE ecu. You could just fit a fuel controller (Apexi SAFC) and a wide band air / fuel guage to monitor the mix.
Greddy E-manage blue or e-manage ultimate seem to be a popular choice. It is a bit of a mine field, you could just go for a piggy back chip or go all out on a plug and play ECU from AEM.

P

pulsarboby

if i were you fella, i would have standard ecu mapped by horsham developments, good company with good backup service, and only have ever heard good reports on their work!

and no i dont own or work for them lol

pm sent matey;-)

Jonesy

If only they were closer, the racing line charge £350 plus vat i think thats because they map it on the rollers, where as h-dev only charge £200 for a remap of the ecu on the road if you already have the re-mappable ecu

ashills

standard ecu remap is as good as power fc if not better when done properly and i think with the power fc getting pretty hard to come by this will take over and offers better options than piggy backs like emanage and no signal delay etc
last time with a 3071 we were near 450bhp with a stock ecu this time where hoping for a nice chunk more

warringtonjack

All depends what sort of power he wants. He could just stick a new fuel pump in, new plugs with more appropriate heat range and boost controller. Stick 1.1/1.2 bar on it and drive it at approx 310hpsuace all day long. No need to change the ECU at all.

Correct or incorrect? :?

youngsyp

warringtonjack said:
All depends what sort of power he wants. He could just stick a new fuel pump in, new plugs with more appropriate heat range and boost controller. Stick 1.1/1.2 bar on it and drive it at approx 310hpsuace all day long. No need to change the ECU at all.

My own personal view is that the ecu falls into the same category as the OE exhaust manifold and ignition leads, to name but two. Sure they'll be fine up to X bhp level but, they can always be improved upon no matter what mods or how much power you're running.

By remapping the ecu, not only will you get the better peak power and torque. You'll also get much better power/torque delivery, better mpg, less chance of detting and the peace of mind that goes with it.

After doing a fair amount of research, I'm with the majority here and would have the OE ecu remapped.

M

Mikey4

Well not planning engine rebuild or turbo upgrade in near future, but was thinking fuel pump, injectors, boost controller and ecu to just play around with existing turbo. but is it really worth injectors and ecu. would boost controller and fuel pump be worth it??

M

Martynj

Anyone tried the NISTUNE package from AUS ...
Just about to buy one for mine and give it a crack...........

stugtir300

hi people so how much bhp will we be able to achieve on a remapped oe ecu,would 400bhp be achieveable with the correct mods ie uprated injectors etc

Fusion Ed

Limiting factor is really the airflow meter. But I'm looking at ways of dropping this so it can be converted to MAP on the stock ECU

steve963

warringtonjack said:

mine runs rich (less than 10 AFR on full boost) at 1.2 bar on std everything, probably get bore wash though:doh: