dyno run disappointmenmt

bensmith907

Well the plan was and still is to get the afr checked but when we had seen the initial graph we wanted to straighten out the line before progressing.

On another note where does everyone take their afr reading from?

red reading

Well the plan was and still is to get the afr checked but when we had seen the initial graph we wanted to straighten out the line before progressing.

On another note where does everyone take their afr reading from?
To straighten that line out you need an AFR gauge!! Or a red biro.

bensmith907

No it's from the flux capacitor...lol
Yep left myself open to abuse there, the dyno guy wanted to take the reading as far forward as possable to get a good reading, I was sure there was another port on the exhaust but couldn't find it with the car on the floor

red reading

You need to fit a boss in to the front down pipe if you want to do that, most dyno have them just to stuff up the exhaust anyway.

bensmith907

You need to fit a boss in to the front down pipe if you want to do that, most dyno have them just to stuff up the exhaust anyway.
Ah right will have to get him to stuff one up the exhaust next week. (I will figure out anotherway of saying that too otherwise I might end up with something completely different)

bensmith907

To straighten that line out you need an AFR gauge!! Or a red biro.
The other reason we done the second run was to see if the knock sensor was kicking in with a diagnostic computer pluged in but nothing showed up.

As I said the plan was to do a afr run but we just ran out of time. I am going to spend a day there next week if it needed

bensmith907

Well I hate to pass the blame but prehaps the dyno guy didn't appreciate the importance of the fueling as much as he should have. It was the first thing I asked for but I let him lead the diagnostics and he said run first to see where we stand then looked into the knock sensor then the boost ctrl

The garage specalises in scoobys so I wonder if they self diagnose their afr? (Someone here will know I'm sure)

Fusion Ed

Bring it to me!!! Oxford isn't that far either.

Also that dyno is a million miles out. It claims you have nearly 50% transmission losses, which to be frank is nonsense.

187 @ wheels vs 280 @ fly.

Either your making about 225 @ fly for 25% (more realistic) in which case your car needs looking at properly urgently.
Or
Your making 224 @ wheels. (again approx 25% losses)

Since those dynos usually get wheel power way closer than they do flywheel power and you say your running 1.15 bar. something is really really wrong here.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
are you getting enough fuel pressure? its almost like your injectors are all over the place trying to compensate for something. when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

but Ed's the one you should be speaking to - your car is running WAY OFF

bensmith907

Fuel filter is probably about 8months old. Yea I guessed things were bad hence the post. I plan to see ed sometime soon as I now appreciate these cars need someone who knows thes cars.