ds 2500 pads

stevie leese

hi again. there is not much that phases me on these cars now so not posted on the problem section for a while. I fitted a brake conversion to my gtir that consisted of 4 pots and 320mm disks.good upgrade...... apart from the nearside brake squeeling its bag off [ like lorry breaks ] but only at very low speeds like 5 mph and less. I thought it might be the shit pads that come with the second hand package i brought. so got meself some ds2500 pads.fooooooooooooook yea the car stops on a 6 pence and has a marked improvment in the braking system but still screaming at me worse than eva. tried metal shims behind the pads and also got some ptfe sheet and made some shims out of that to no avail. any clues boys before a innocent gtir gets burned out ha ha, stevie. cheers.:doh::evil::twisted::yawn::der::sad::?:sad::der::evil::oops::sad::sad::sad:

stevie leese

chamfer the leading edge of the pad and clean the pistons on the brake calipers
nice one red. the calipers were full reconed profesionaly with receipt when i brought them. had them on the work bench my self and stripped them right down. they were free and new throughout inc seals and stuff. cheers steve:?

red reading

ds2500's dont these tend to destroy disc's really quiclky
I killed a set of high spec's with these pads, but then i killed a set of godspeed's with pagid blue's . depend's on how hard you are with brake's. my old astra van used to have new pad's on the front every 3000miles so i think i'm a bit heavy with the braking:lol::lol:

stevie leese

I killed a set of high spec's with these pads, but then i killed a set of godspeed's with pagid blue's . depend's on how hard you are with brake's. my old astra van used to have new pad's on the front every 3000miles so i think i'm a bit heavy with the braking:lol::lol:
they were squeekin with the standard pads so i change them to 2500 pads and even worse noise only changed then to shut them up as the standard ones were all good. cheers steve.
:?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
As mentioned chamfer the edges, but you might find that the 2500's will still squeak. That will be down to the performance compound which will induce squeaking.

Sometimes a good thrashing will help get rid.

If that does not work then live with it, anyone with a keen ear will distinguish between "bus brakes" noise and a performance squeal (which personally, I like)

Also to note, 2500's are not too harsh on discs, its there big brother DS3000's that are much more aggressive as they are "race pads"

stumo

One problem that causes brake squeal is that the caliper isn't aligned to the disc properly, if it's slightly out then no matter what you do you won't get rid of the noise.

what happens is that the pistons aren't pressed squarely onto the pads correctly and the squeal occurs, try undoing the bolts that hold the caliper on and wiggle the caliper and retighten the bolts

skiddusmarkus

Mine are doing the same.Its only since I switched from greenstuff to mintex 1144 pads though.I need to bleed out the old fluid anyway so was just going to clean it all up and copperslip the pads as I put it down to brake dust behind them.

Jon Olds

I use 2500 and ds3000 and they squell. They do on my mates cossy rally car too. The disc wear and noise is worth putting up with though. I have not intention of using any other pads, as these are the best I have used, by far, for the money

stevie leese

well................. that sheds a bit of light on the matter.thanks to all that replied. il try the things you said and if i get no joy i will have to put up with it. cheers steve.

stevie leese

As mentioned chamfer the edges, but you might find that the 2500's will still squeak. That will be down to the performance compound which will induce squeaking.

Sometimes a good thrashing will help get rid.

If that does not work then live with it, anyone with a keen ear will distinguish between "bus brakes" noise and a performance squeal (which personally, I like)

Also to note, 2500's are not too harsh on discs, its there big brother DS3000's that are much more aggressive as they are "race pads"
ohhhhhhhh shit. they have had plenty of good thrashings andy ha ha. any more and i will need new disks and pads ha ha. cheers steve.:lol: