Donington Park National Circuit 25/08/08

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Trying to guage what kind of interest people may have about this?

To give everyone plenty of time and notice, I have a date in my calendar for a trackday that I think would be convenient for people to attend and leave you plenty of time to save some cash to once side for this event.

Details:
Monday 25th August * Bank holiday Monday*
Donington Park National Circuit
3 Groups p/h, @ 98 db (drive by)
Price £145

I’m not a fan for sessions, Donington seems to have a fetish with them, but at £145 it’s a bargain for the whole day.

I’m keen to see how many people will commit to this event and if we have a decent amount of numbers, then we may be able to qualify for even more discount! (5 or more)
It would be nice to see everyone attend and get some of you keen drivers out on the track and be able to thrash your cars about.

If I could please have a genuine list of names who would be able to attend then that would be brill. Please don’t clog the thread with “dreamer” posts, I need a clear list of names that would be seriously thinking of going so that I know where I stand.
The sooner we sort it out, then it can be booked and there will be no disappointments.

Comments?

P

pulsarboby

i would do it andy but my car wont meet that noise level unless i do something to it.
what group you going in?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
i would do it andy but my car wont meet that noise level unless i do something to it.
what group you going in?
I normally go with intermediates group.

I've just had a new silencer replaced on my exhaust systems and it’s made a good difference from 107db's to 100db's.
Their 98db limit is a drive-by which is measured from the start/finish line, so I normally just lift off the power and once past nail it again ;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’ve booked tonight as I’ve spoken to the organisers who have said there are only a few places left, so rather than lose out I’ve booked now.

If anyone else would like to join me they are more than welcome to come or if you’re local pop in and say hello as it is a bank holiday.

You fancy joining me Bob?
;-)

nitrosgti-r said:
i could be up for this?

Better get in there quick :-D

P

pulsarboby

ive already got 2 booked andy
one at north weald later this month and brands on 11th august

am i tempting fate by booking this one too lol

i may well book it tomorrow andy and take a gamble that the car will live that long:lol: :lol:
if not, then il bring something else to go play with, are you going down there on the sunday?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
are you going down there on the sunday?
I'll be staying in Derby on the Sunday, I’ve been round town there before, so know where I’m going for a couple of beers if you (and Claire) want to join me ;-)

nitrosgti-r

yeah bobby, it all feels ok so far. I like the heavy feel as now i know it wont let me down :) As for the performance, i havnt really given it much yet as iv been busy with a new job...... but i will let you know. Everty things hunky dory so far tho, nice one bob :)

Fubar andy, i wont be comming now as i am planning on doing a track day at castle combe, my home turf, so need to save up for that really.

MarkTurbo

nitrosgti-r said:
yeah bobby, it all feels ok so far
Is it all back together now mate? It was lucky i came round and did it on saturday :lol: I fractured my wrist on sunday and im in plaster now :doh:

nitrosgti-r

NO WAY! how did you manage that mate? Not fighting in town hope? lol Yeah shes all back together now mate. gonna stick a bit of fuel in it later and go for a small burn i think. water injection now added too :)

MarkTurbo

I did it playing football :oops: Glad the car is back together and running 8) If you still want that clutch hose you might have to wait, i may not be back at work until the start of september :doh:

antgtir

When your back Andy, a little write up and pics maybe vids would be great mate. Hope the sessions went well and the fine tuning is still going well.

Dan: I presume your working for the Gold Cup event at Oulten? Would have liked to have gone to that i must admit but we have visitors at the mo so wouldn't be the thing to do lol.

Ant.