Dodgy Temp Gauge!!!!!

C

Connie Paa

Hi. The temp gauge in my R is acting up a bit at the moment :( I've had the car a year and it's stopped working twice,but both those times i just took the cover off and gave the needle a nudge and it worked fine again. So it stopped working again the other day and when i took the cover off the needle was having none of it :x it just wouldn't stop getting stuck. If i gentle pull the needle away from the face of the gauge it flys up to where it should be at that time.Then as soon as i turn off the ignition it starts to fall but gets stuck everytime now.The needle is being pulled into the gauge as soon as it starts to move :x I'd say the gauge is broke, but if anybody has any tips i'd really appreciate it. Also,is it possible to replace that gauge :?: Thanks :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Next time you take it to bits and it flys upto where it should be, try taking the needle off and putting it back on but not so hard, (I say do it when it's hot so you know where the neeedle should be) failing that do what I do if mine sticks and slap the dash board near the gauge. (I ain't meesing about taking mine to bits :wink: )

C

Connie Paa

Thanks Fast Guy, i'll give that a go. I don't have much faith all the same though :(. I'd still like to know if it's possible to replace the gauge :?: THANKS