dk clutches

P

pulsarboby

just stripped a car today which has a dk 3 paddle clutch fitted!
anyone know what these things are like?

the surface plates on the drive disc are not riveted on like other paddles ive seen, but there appears to be little wear on it so i was gonna keep as a spare for my heap of dung.

P

pulsarboby

yeah it has dk stamped in a little kind of chevrolet emblem on drive plate and pressure plate

P

pulsarboby

are they any good though?
dont wanna be sticking it in there should my clutch ever go bang only to find that its crap then give myself a damned good thrashing for being a skinflint.

GTiR_Mic

I was going to go for the Exedy Twin plate for the Evo but I got the HKS cheaper. It was going to cost £1600 alone for the Twin plate, the triple plate was near £2000.

If you put the right plates in it should be OK.

Mic

P

pulsarboby

its just a 3 paddle clutch mic not twinplate or anything like that!

antgtir

I must admit having had an excedy organic clutch in mine i would prbably never go back again. I had a number of issues with mine, leading to other things like juddering, clutch forks snapping etc etc etc.

Had an Helix organic in since and god knows how many thousands of miles later not a dicky bird out of it.

Id probably sell it and put the money towards something more reliable for the power / performance your aiming for Bob. This is obviously my own opinion and could just have been a flaw or incorrect fitting (didnt do it myself thats why ;) :lol: )

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

Mmmm! seems a shame to flog a perfectly good clutch that would have been suitable for my car as a backup. but i will take your word for it ant, thanks for info!

another ebay special from pulsarboby lol

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GTiR_Mic said:
I was going to go for the Exedy Twin plate for the Evo but I got the HKS cheaper. It was going to cost £1600 alone for the Twin plate, the triple plate was near £2000.

If you put the right plates in it should be OK.

Mic

Only you would be stupid enough to pay that for a twin plate clutch kit.. You can get a better proven kit for half that cost...