Died at 80mph... fuel pump failure ??

Fazz

just in from evening of fun.. cruising off boost at 80mph on way home and sudden conk out....
pull in and check boost pipes etc, nothing appears wrong.
try to start and it turns and tries to spark but can't....

don't think i can hear fuel pump buzz so hope it that.. its a walbro, or was anyway!
thinking possibly ignition/dizzy related if fuel pump ok....

any other suggestions?

ps, it not immobiliser/alternator related.

also, anyone got diagram for fuses by drivers steering column as for last couple weeks one is blown and when replaced blows immediately on ignition... bout 3rd up from bottom on right it is.... thinikin abs as light on....

R parked up again! 6 months for rebuild, new turbo and u'd think it dying to go!!!

Fazz

Hilarious...! Well capable of 400bhp I assume.... NOT!

The only thing I'd try with a Calibra Turbo is push it over a cliff..... where it belongs :)

Careful or we'll come over and join your forums with copious amounts of abuse...

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
JamieSimms said:
Try a Calibra Turbo fuel pump... very reliable.
Jamie, unless you have anything interesting to contribute to these forums could you please resist the urge to post your rather annoying, ineffectual comments.

Steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Not that will mean much to him but I'm merely issuing him with a warning, telling him his account will be deleted if he continues posting his normal rubbish.

P

pulsarboby

before you assume its the pump, it could be the fuse under driver side dash, believe its one of the bottom four on the right! or the relay on driver side inner wing think its the third one along.
check over them first

just read post again, that will be your fuel pump fuse! so remove relay then put fuse in and see if it blows if not then its more than likely a relay fault

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonesy

Fuse list

meter 10 A............... Hazard lights 10A
turn signal 10A ..........Stop lamp 15A
? electric 10A ............Shift lock 10A
Rear defog 20A ..........Room lamp 10A
Cigarette.................... Aircon 10A
Lighter 15A................. Tail lamp 10A
Mirror - ......................Front fog lamp 15A
Air con 15A ................Engine control 10A
Wiper .........................Auto choke /
Washers 20A ...............Fuel pump 15A
Audio 10A................... Seat heater 10A
Starter motor 10A ........Rear speaker amp 15A
Heater 15A
Blower 15A

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fazz

pretty sure its a 15A so that could be fuel pump then...

Hardly gonna be that simple but see how it goes!!

Thanks.

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
iazz get an aa card i lost some beauty slep last nite:lol: :lol: :lol: did the car get 2 george today

Fazz

Car is at George's thanks mate!

But he thinks he can hear fuel pump...

Also, the fuse in question has been blown the last couples of weeks and if that was the problem he says it wouldn't run.

So still miffed... he's gonna check tomorrow to see if its getting fuel and check ignition spark to see where I'm at...

Fun last nite, cheers for the help bud.

P

pearl 476.5bhp

well kid any news on the crock?the rumour around cork is its for sale and the 1 ltr rear wheel drive starlet i suggusted to you ,,is on the way to dundrum.can i get first spin PLEASE:-D :-D .that would be funny,a hotshot young accoutant in a starlet

Fazz

Collectin Dizzy and coil now shortyl soon as I leave work...

Hopefully know tomorrow if thats it sorted.. fingers crossed..

I can safely say I will never own a Starlet Ever.
You go back to blowin up gearboxes in your van...