Decent tuner/garage near Bolton

paz

Hi All,

Long time no post :)

My R has been in the garage for a while now, and I'm thinking about putting it back on the road. Before she went to sleep I was having some trouble with smoke on lift off, don't know if it was the turbo or something else.

Because I'm a car-mong, what I'm after is a decent garage who will take a look for me, give her a general once over, service anything that needs servicing and replace/rebuild anything that needs changing.

Anyone got any ideas about the best place?

Cheers

Paz

vpulsar

Hello matey, I think that is a question a lot of car owners have to ask and there just isn't that many good garages around. Most are only interested in cars they can plug into a computer and I doubt if there are 5 good tuners in the whole of the UK, So good luck with your hunt mate.

I take my car to a local garage up here who are honest but still struggle to look after my cars properly and have made plenty of mistakes, They always put them right but it's still a right royal pain in the arse to get sorted.

Rob

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Grinspeed - Leyland
Pro-Tec Performance - Preston

Never used either, but I've not heard anything bad about them...

paz

Cheers Jim, I'm a bit older as well so believe it or not, I want a smaller, quieter exhaust!!

How's your R coming on?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
2 steps forward, 1.5 back. Glacial progress on the engine rebuild as took a few wrong turns with parts short cuts

paz

Oh dear, sorry to hear it!

Must be lots of people having the same problem, can't remember the last time I saw a pulsar on the road!