Dawes Device - Won't Adjust?

nickg123

Mike kindly re-set up my dawes device as the way they had sent it to me was to have it installed as a bleed valve, but Mike showed me that it should actually run in-line!

While it was off i turned it down a little bit as i had a new front pipe put on so was scared of it over boosting, i drove it around for a bit and all seemed fine! Running about 0.8 bar, but that's from the standard gauge so can't be 100% sure......

I've now got a boost gauge which i'm going to install tonight, but basically i keep adjusting the dawes device but the boost doesn't seem to adjust now? I've undone it at least 3 turns, and it's still on 0.8 bar........ any ideas why this may be??

Should i try doing it up??

Sorry for the essay.........

turblio

Yes tighten it and you put more pressure on the ball valve
which should allow the boost pressure to rise a bit more :)
Frank

A

Anonymous

I have a Dawes Device too, its not fitted yet, i have a bleed valve on just now, wot do you mean by fitting it in line...? Wot's the best way to fit these things...?

Wots the difference from the bleed valve & the dawes device? Did you notive any...?

Cheers

Gaz.

ex-gtir

a bleed valve lets a certain amount of air go so the turbo has to boost higher to overcome the lose before it can open the wastegate
a dawes device does not let air out its a ball with a spring behind it and it fitted in line so the pressure has to over come the spring pressure before the air pressure can get to the actuator to open the waste gate you should find it spool up quicker and should not spike as much( not that i got spike with my in car bleed valve)
mike

A

Anonymous

Good stuff...

So whats the correct way to fit one, as i dont understand wot nickg123 means about fitting it in line

Am gonna be fitting this over the weekend, so would like to know the best way to fit it

Cheers

Gaz.

C

caz

Insert it into the pipe that runs from the plunum to the actuator. Along the way this pipe runs through the boost solenoid but I bi-passed this so it just goes;
pLENUM:pIPE:DAWES:pIPE:ACTUATOR

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just put it where the T piece is in the wastegate actuator line and blank the hose off to the solenoid. The instructions should tell you which way round to put it in the line, as I assume if you put it the wrong way round it won't work and may put you on unlimited boost if it blocks the hose. (educated guess on that one, not fact)

ex-gtir

can some one tell me why people insist on remove the boost solinoid form the system after all it there for a reason (engine protection) :( :?
if you dont need these solinoid i will take them off your hands :wink:
mike